- Hopes for Nalder
- 25c a day to eat your veggies
- QLD Liberal attacks shark policy
- Clubs WA want liquor changes
- How Apple shifts billions
- We're an overpriced backwater
- It was my first racist experience
- "Save Medicare" website launched
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Ludlam's offer to 'homophobe' PM Typical Green's party nonsense. Not a big turnout :) Looks like the only people interested in this lot are themselves. more
- Sarah Elliott on HPV vaccination debate Dellas, there is no way that previous vaccines would have caused any of your daughters conditions. Many anitvaxxers love to ... more
- Bron on HPV vaccination debate It saddens me to read the post about the mother who is now frightened for her daughter. This is Judy Wilymans agenda, to ... more
- Dellas on HPV vaccination debate This story has scared me.Not for myself but for my daughter who has recently been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome ... more
- Rocky on Pub bans indigenous patrons Tell the publican she can stick that BS apology fair up her Coolgardie Hole. more
- Dellas on How to be a classy drinker Suffice to say, I am stirred but not surprised, or shaken, by this advertisement.I can't believe (yes, I do, actually) the ... more
- adam on Beggars bagging $400 a day Who would Humiliate themselves sitting there on the street for 8 hours begging. The $400 a day line sounds manufactured, its ... more
- Damien on Beggars bagging $400 a day Despicable that Scaffidi and her ilk are refusing to acknowledge the larger issues behind the growing number of unemployed ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day Cont...Is this really about professional beggars? In the ABC news article "Perth business executives pose as homeless ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day It's a good thing that these "scum" (sarcasm), can't partake in sharing in quenching their thirst on the refreshing upmarket ... more
- boondog on $7m bill hard to swallow You state $7.24 million could pay for either 100 nurses or school staff, the $26 million used for the update and fit out of ... more
- paul on Racist assault caught on video listening to them sounds like they no him by stating he was blind girl in white laughing themselves dressed like skanks its ... more
- gwen ferry on Racist assault caught on video I find this odd, the fact that two well dressed young women, for no apparent reason, would start abusing an elderly ... more
- Diana on Racist assault caught on video News goes on to detail viewers concern for the kids onboard, rather than blind man. Let's keep his ordeal front and centre. more
- Gary on Racist assault caught on video The big mistake in all this was the man who threw the handbag out after their sorry ar**s. He should have taken it to the ... more
- Dellas on Beggars bagging $400 a day Oh, well, it pays to advertise.Perhaps, if it offends your precious sensibilities, just walk on by.And, Lisa Scaffidi, Colin ... more
- Craig on Beggars bagging $400 a day Lisa Scaffidi, stop hiding behind "there but for the grace of God go I". You behave like a spoilt brat, with far too much ... more
- Rusty of Fremantle on $7m bill hard to swallow One would presume paying advance payments in a legal dispute, to attempt a settlement, would be like arming an enemy with ... more
- jennja on $7m bill hard to swallow This is typical of Mr Smirky, stand up and tell the people that everything is going up, people are being made redundant, ... more
- Julie on Coffee stopped Well done. I emailed Troy Buswell as he is the Minister and put a notation on my Facebook page. Shame to all that did this ... more
Green & Tarver Twitter War
Following the announcement of the Danny Green (32-5, 28 KO’s) and Shane Cameron (29-2, 22 KO’s) fight for the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight Title, the former holder of the belt Antonio Tarver initiated a Twitter exchange between he and Green.
Tarver: "great that gives me another paid vacation to Australia"
Green: "yeah cool Antonio sounds great, bring ya box of steroids too.
Tarver: "Danny I can box you one weekend and Shane the next cause you couldnt hit me,"
Green: "it'll have to b on play station mate cause that's the only fight you'll have again after getting BUSTED for steroids. C ya."
Tarver: "Danny get out now before you get seriously hurt...",
Green: "thnx for your concern. You keep tweetn, and u r a smooth talker, but u cldnt talk ya way out the drug test huh?"
The IBO Cruiserweight belt is vacant because Tarver was stripped of the title after he tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 this year.
Tarver was the subject of many questions this week.
Green has no idea whether Antonio Tarver was on steroids and said it was possible Tarver "dodged a bullet" as neither man was drug tested at their fight in Sydney in July last year.
Green said had felt that Tarver's sudden and dramatic weight loss prior to that bout was unusual.
"Who knows? We had photos and he was next to the front rowers of the New South Wales State of Origin Rugby League Team, and he dwarfed them," Green said.
"The disparity in weight was plain to see, and the fact eight weeks later he made the weight and maintained strength throughout the fight, who knows? He wasn't tested”
"I lost the world title, Antonio Tarver beat me, and I had a shocking night, it’s history, but now I get the chance to get my title back." Green said
"It's bad for Tarver, bloody good for me,'' Cameron said of his opportunity to fight for the title.
"I'm fighting a three time world champion so that is not to be sneezed at" Cameron said.
"Danny Green has beaten the likes of Roy Jones Jr, so he has beaten the best, it certainly won't be a walk in the park for me, but as much as I respect the man and what he has achieved, I am very confident of taking care of Danny Green."
"It is any boxer's dream, it's always been my dream to fight for the championship of the world and I’m looking forward to it, I want to bring that title back to New Zealand."
The Green Machine is aiming to become a 4 time world champion.
Danny Green vs Shane Cameron, promoted by Green Machine Boxing, Wednesday November 21 at Hisense Arena, Melbourne.