- WA director hits big
- Sue's Tour Highlights
- Perth needs to grow up
- Six storeys in 10 days
- Not your average Joe
- Leaf our ficus alone
- No sex for 12 months
- Epileptic toddler uses cannabis
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
- Hereinmyhead on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Great comment Dellas, it's all too much! more
- Dellas on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Can all you salivating "journalists" and "news people" please stop this opportunist "news fest", shut up and stop banging on ... more
- Faye Rowe on Premier: 28 Australian lives lost Dear PaulMy husband and I are in Nice at present when we heard about the plane being shot down. We just couldn't believe it ... more
- Wayde on Buswell claim lacking facts What would have happened if Troy was a well know criminal figure - The Police would have called in TRG and stormed his house ... more
- Lee on Thorpe's admission ignites debate The first statement people make in regards to Ian Thorpeâ??s sexuality is â??who caresâ?? If nobody cares why are millions ... more
- Ben on 'Fan First' Stadium Fan first for AFL, for rectangular sports no. No retractable seats, just stupid bump seats which really serve no purpose ... more
- Danny on 'Fan First' Stadium You mentioned at length the number of various toilets, but nothing about disabled Facilites. Very inportant to us!!! more
- Laurie on Buswell claim lacking facts The whole of the Buswell affair, plus the lies and deceit of the Liberal/NP Government, has ensured their defeat at the next ... more
Green & Tarver Twitter War
Following the announcement of the Danny Green (32-5, 28 KO’s) and Shane Cameron (29-2, 22 KO’s) fight for the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight Title, the former holder of the belt Antonio Tarver initiated a Twitter exchange between he and Green.
Tarver: "great that gives me another paid vacation to Australia"
Green: "yeah cool Antonio sounds great, bring ya box of steroids too.
Tarver: "Danny I can box you one weekend and Shane the next cause you couldnt hit me,"
Green: "it'll have to b on play station mate cause that's the only fight you'll have again after getting BUSTED for steroids. C ya."
Tarver: "Danny get out now before you get seriously hurt...",
Green: "thnx for your concern. You keep tweetn, and u r a smooth talker, but u cldnt talk ya way out the drug test huh?"
The IBO Cruiserweight belt is vacant because Tarver was stripped of the title after he tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 this year.
Tarver was the subject of many questions this week.
Green has no idea whether Antonio Tarver was on steroids and said it was possible Tarver "dodged a bullet" as neither man was drug tested at their fight in Sydney in July last year.
Green said had felt that Tarver's sudden and dramatic weight loss prior to that bout was unusual.
"Who knows? We had photos and he was next to the front rowers of the New South Wales State of Origin Rugby League Team, and he dwarfed them," Green said.
"The disparity in weight was plain to see, and the fact eight weeks later he made the weight and maintained strength throughout the fight, who knows? He wasn't tested”
"I lost the world title, Antonio Tarver beat me, and I had a shocking night, it’s history, but now I get the chance to get my title back." Green said
"It's bad for Tarver, bloody good for me,'' Cameron said of his opportunity to fight for the title.
"I'm fighting a three time world champion so that is not to be sneezed at" Cameron said.
"Danny Green has beaten the likes of Roy Jones Jr, so he has beaten the best, it certainly won't be a walk in the park for me, but as much as I respect the man and what he has achieved, I am very confident of taking care of Danny Green."
"It is any boxer's dream, it's always been my dream to fight for the championship of the world and I’m looking forward to it, I want to bring that title back to New Zealand."
The Green Machine is aiming to become a 4 time world champion.
Danny Green vs Shane Cameron, promoted by Green Machine Boxing, Wednesday November 21 at Hisense Arena, Melbourne.