- PHOTOS: Shark buzzes surfer
- AFL's ANZAC commitment slammed
- VW campaign tackles inattention
- When loyalty will cost you $82k
- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia Noticed Saturdays West and Sunday Times had no letters about the Muslim rampages in Canada and New York or the nasty ginger ... more
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia with christmas coming on lets not pretend our school teachers are not grooming our children -- carols bad, hurt Muslims -- ... more
- Jennifer on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear you are retiring Paul. You would have to be the best political presenter in the country. No one comes close to ... more
- Dellas on Groomed to hate Australia They sound like a mob of blokes and their "young boys" singing "la vida loca"before a footie match. more
- Alec Strachan on Groomed to hate Australia Why have the faces been blocked out ?. Surely we need to see the faces of these trainee terrorists so we can kick their butt ... more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad Were do people go when they get old and no amount of creams, botox, fillers, physical enhancers, "regimens" and medication ... more
- Perthguy on Social media slams sexist ad These are professional models that are being paid. It is a career choice and those that complain either are jealous or ... more
- Lisa on Paul Murray Retires Missed Howard after he left and will miss your informative and balanced reports. Only issue I felt was very biased was your ... more
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- Wayne on Paul Murray Retires Our loss...but enjoy the next step. I envy you,I kno you have already seen much but we all know there is plenty more to see. ... more
- Mark on Sanderson opens up after sacking I thought he was dumped prematurely by a board who seemed to be concerned that they should look like there doing ... more
- Andrew on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing @ Carol... typical pigheaded attitude. I say this as a white Australian - born here - that they have as much right as any ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Garry Tomlinson on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing Maybe Colin is hiding with all the so called Moderate Muslims and are arranging some protests about ISIS giving Islam a bad ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
Green & Tarver Twitter War
Following the announcement of the Danny Green (32-5, 28 KO’s) and Shane Cameron (29-2, 22 KO’s) fight for the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight Title, the former holder of the belt Antonio Tarver initiated a Twitter exchange between he and Green.
Tarver: "great that gives me another paid vacation to Australia"
Green: "yeah cool Antonio sounds great, bring ya box of steroids too.
Tarver: "Danny I can box you one weekend and Shane the next cause you couldnt hit me,"
Green: "it'll have to b on play station mate cause that's the only fight you'll have again after getting BUSTED for steroids. C ya."
Tarver: "Danny get out now before you get seriously hurt...",
Green: "thnx for your concern. You keep tweetn, and u r a smooth talker, but u cldnt talk ya way out the drug test huh?"
The IBO Cruiserweight belt is vacant because Tarver was stripped of the title after he tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 this year.
Tarver was the subject of many questions this week.
Green has no idea whether Antonio Tarver was on steroids and said it was possible Tarver "dodged a bullet" as neither man was drug tested at their fight in Sydney in July last year.
Green said had felt that Tarver's sudden and dramatic weight loss prior to that bout was unusual.
"Who knows? We had photos and he was next to the front rowers of the New South Wales State of Origin Rugby League Team, and he dwarfed them," Green said.
"The disparity in weight was plain to see, and the fact eight weeks later he made the weight and maintained strength throughout the fight, who knows? He wasn't tested”
"I lost the world title, Antonio Tarver beat me, and I had a shocking night, it’s history, but now I get the chance to get my title back." Green said
"It's bad for Tarver, bloody good for me,'' Cameron said of his opportunity to fight for the title.
"I'm fighting a three time world champion so that is not to be sneezed at" Cameron said.
"Danny Green has beaten the likes of Roy Jones Jr, so he has beaten the best, it certainly won't be a walk in the park for me, but as much as I respect the man and what he has achieved, I am very confident of taking care of Danny Green."
"It is any boxer's dream, it's always been my dream to fight for the championship of the world and I’m looking forward to it, I want to bring that title back to New Zealand."
The Green Machine is aiming to become a 4 time world champion.
Danny Green vs Shane Cameron, promoted by Green Machine Boxing, Wednesday November 21 at Hisense Arena, Melbourne.