- Nat's back for Telethon
- Aussies to join Ebola fight
- Sanderson opens up after sacking
- Are we past Love Thy Neighbour?
- Wishing Windies well
- 3000 Perth people left council-less
- Hayley Dodd's Garden
- Angry: SAf talkback reacts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Forbes on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulGee Whiz I'm going to miss you informative show. more
- Dellas on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 What great social change has Colin Barnett ever made?Did he stop conscription? Did he bring in support for single ... more
- Flash on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr Barnetts comments are of no relevance. If Mr Barnett had just 5% of Mr Whitlam's abilities the state of WA would be 500% ... more
- colin on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr barnetts comments ,shows all w.a. what sort of person he is ,history will show Mr Whitlamas the game changer in our ... more
- Carol on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing I am disgusted at the fact that they are worried and now bitching to the gov for more special privileges. They do not ... more
- Kevin on Paul Murray Retires Good luck Paul. By far 6PR's most politically astute presenter, you will be a loss. I hope the MD can find a top class ... more
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
- Pepita on Paul Murray Retires A massive loss to journalism in WA, Paul will leave big shoes to fill. Would be nice to see a woman take drive though to ... more
- Graham on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulWhy are you waiting till end of 2014 ?What are the labor Party going to do without you marketing them ? more
- Dellas on Abbey's Project That "Abbey" gave consent to the Family Law Court to have contact with her father speaks tellingly about the nature of child ... more
- Dellas on PM's adviser backs burqa ban I hate to point out the obvious typo, Paul, but isn't Peta's surname spelt Cretin? more
- Walter on Crying poor after the boom How is it Premier Barnett uses the argument that the increased volume output of iron ore will compensate for fall in its ... more
- Luke Reymond on Bali weddings in tatters Sadly Paul and Catherine Williams of Bali D'Luxe weddings conned my little sister out of $25,000 and on the day the ... more
- troy on Paul Murray Retires not happy Paul, u r a person for the people ,. god bless more
- Mr Cranky on Paul Murray Retires Paul,I haven't always agreed with you,informative and precise comes to mind with your presentation.Time to enjoy life,all ... more
- Brian Whitby on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear the news that you are retiring Paul. We have had or difference of opinion on a few occasions but you I listen ... more
- Allan Bowes on Paul Murray Retires I'd like to wish Paul all the best for the future.Thoroughly enjoyed your shows in the morning and afternoon.You will be ... more
Green & Tarver Twitter War
Following the announcement of the Danny Green (32-5, 28 KO’s) and Shane Cameron (29-2, 22 KO’s) fight for the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight Title, the former holder of the belt Antonio Tarver initiated a Twitter exchange between he and Green.
Tarver: "great that gives me another paid vacation to Australia"
Green: "yeah cool Antonio sounds great, bring ya box of steroids too.
Tarver: "Danny I can box you one weekend and Shane the next cause you couldnt hit me,"
Green: "it'll have to b on play station mate cause that's the only fight you'll have again after getting BUSTED for steroids. C ya."
Tarver: "Danny get out now before you get seriously hurt...",
Green: "thnx for your concern. You keep tweetn, and u r a smooth talker, but u cldnt talk ya way out the drug test huh?"
The IBO Cruiserweight belt is vacant because Tarver was stripped of the title after he tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 this year.
Tarver was the subject of many questions this week.
Green has no idea whether Antonio Tarver was on steroids and said it was possible Tarver "dodged a bullet" as neither man was drug tested at their fight in Sydney in July last year.
Green said had felt that Tarver's sudden and dramatic weight loss prior to that bout was unusual.
"Who knows? We had photos and he was next to the front rowers of the New South Wales State of Origin Rugby League Team, and he dwarfed them," Green said.
"The disparity in weight was plain to see, and the fact eight weeks later he made the weight and maintained strength throughout the fight, who knows? He wasn't tested”
"I lost the world title, Antonio Tarver beat me, and I had a shocking night, it’s history, but now I get the chance to get my title back." Green said
"It's bad for Tarver, bloody good for me,'' Cameron said of his opportunity to fight for the title.
"I'm fighting a three time world champion so that is not to be sneezed at" Cameron said.
"Danny Green has beaten the likes of Roy Jones Jr, so he has beaten the best, it certainly won't be a walk in the park for me, but as much as I respect the man and what he has achieved, I am very confident of taking care of Danny Green."
"It is any boxer's dream, it's always been my dream to fight for the championship of the world and I’m looking forward to it, I want to bring that title back to New Zealand."
The Green Machine is aiming to become a 4 time world champion.
Danny Green vs Shane Cameron, promoted by Green Machine Boxing, Wednesday November 21 at Hisense Arena, Melbourne.