- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- Suns to get an Eade-ucation
- Take the punt out of 'The Cup'
- Glory in 'cheeky' finals chance
- Is this 2014 or 1971?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
- bill on Paul Murray Retires job well done your leaving will cause 6pr great pain replacing you. good luck more
- tessata on Aussies to join Ebola fight Tim Costella says we should forget about ourselves and send medical staff overseas.Yes if it is safe, but not until we have ... more
- John Forbes on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulGee Whiz I'm going to miss you informative show. more
- Dellas on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 What great social change has Colin Barnett ever made?Did he stop conscription? Did he bring in support for single ... more
- Flash on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr Barnetts comments are of no relevance. If Mr Barnett had just 5% of Mr Whitlam's abilities the state of WA would be 500% ... more
- colin on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr barnetts comments ,shows all w.a. what sort of person he is ,history will show Mr Whitlamas the game changer in our ... more
- Carol on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing I am disgusted at the fact that they are worried and now bitching to the gov for more special privileges. They do not ... more
- Kevin on Paul Murray Retires Good luck Paul. By far 6PR's most politically astute presenter, you will be a loss. I hope the MD can find a top class ... more
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
Govt apologises to abused soldiers
Defence Minister Stephen Smith has apologised to victims of sexual and other abuse within the Australian Defence Force. Mr Smith said an independent taskforce, headed by Len Roberts-Smith QC, would determine if individuals should receive compensation of up to $50,000.
Defence Minister Stephen Smith has made a parliamentary apology to victims of sexual abuse - within the Defence Force.
The government has stopped short of setting up a royal commission into claims of abuse - but an independent task force has been established to administer compensation pay outs of up to 50-thousand dollars.
The task force has also been asked to consider whether there should be a royal commission into specific allegations of rape within the defence force during the 1990s - and serious allegations involving young boys serving on HMAS Leeuwin several decades ago.