- ASADA 1, Essendon nil
- Unionist facing bullying charges
- Not happy here? Then leave
- Terrorism raids spark protest
- Terror Australis. Our new world
- Money trail tacks terror link
- Police thwart terror plan
- Albany ANZAC ban stands
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave BAN THE BURQA LIKE SOME COUNTRIES HAVE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO OR WHAT IS UNDER THAT GARMENT AND IT HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ... more
- shailesh on Terror Australis. Our new world The most dangerous aspect of any terror outfit is there "sleeper cell". They remain part of society and get activated at the ... more
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
Fat ads send wrong message
An eastern states nutritionist has attacked WA's 'Grabbable Gut' ads saying that they send a misleading message of fear and could lead to more eating disorders. Paul Murray spoke to the Lydia Jade Turner about her objections to the ads.
The CEO of the Heart Foundation in WA, Maurice Swanson, responded angrily to the claims of Lydia Jade Turner's comments claiming she was ill informed and unqualified to make comment on the program.
So all the heart foundation rep can say is how wrong and disqualified Lydia Turner is? Where is the professional spokesperson who can speak to the legitimate concerns with knowledge of the process and data? If the heart foundation feels this campaign is truly designed to help people then that is how they should approach addressing the concerns, not by personal attacks and saying ridiculous things like, well we will try to not have young people see this ad.
Wow. As a media professional I would suggest the heart foundation put someone else out front.Deb Lemire Wednesday 25 July, 2012 - 11:17 PM
I'm now watching a programe on the ABC on obesity in countries other than Australia.
There are certain companies (those which cannot be named) which have flaunted and marketed their products while reaping reward from the poor.
And now, through all this sadness, I see Margaret Ollie, in all her glorious colour, her interiors, and I think, well, there you go...ain't life strange?Dellas Tuesday 24 July, 2012 - 9:41 PM
Its a real shame that the only governments that we get are reactive and not proactive.Instead of paying billions upon billions of dollars thorugh our life cycle on health issues and advertising about the problems that we face with the obesity problems how about spending a small amount of money now to help the issue.The one biggest way that this can be done is to keep schools open for another hour and have students primary doing half hour exercise every day and high school students 45 mins every day.Maybe by ingraining some good habits while young that they might just carry through while they are older cutting all sorts of health issues that we all pay out for the rest of our lives.Diabetes /High blood pressure /Joint problems the list goes on .The reason why governments don,t do it is because one it costs too much NOW to do as they only think of thier own political life terms that they serve and not of the future benefits to our country.Its crazy.Pete Tuesday 24 July, 2012 - 5:04 PM