- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- Free but monitored
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Pointlessly poignant.
- Pain program scrapped
- Big business's big tax breaks
- Too expensive to fix?
- From asylum to surgeon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
- Abdullah on "She has no idea" The poor women, she should have kept her mouth shut.she does not know what she is talking about.Abdullah more
Drugs & match fixing no surprise
Today’s explosive revelations that lifted the lid on illegal drugs and match fixing in Australian professional sport should come as no surprise.
The whole shameful issue is rooted in the extraordinary amount of money available to our top athletes and the opportunity for punters to profit from their exploits.
And the biggest single earner from this system is…government, which relies on legalised betting for about one tenth of its income.
When legalised betting was extended from horses and dogs to human only sports it established a slippery slope that guaranteed today’s result.
Organised crime… ever on the lookout for new revenue streams…has gleefully embraced the prospect…with clear evidence … and convictions of competitors who have performed or not.. according to the instructions of their crooked masters.
Australians have loved to cast aspersions at foreign sportsmen and women who’ve been caught out.
Who are we kidding to think that some among the ranks of our own countrymen and women have not taken bribes for performing to affect a result?
Evidence that the other half of the tragic story… extensive illegal drug taking… has been staring down sporting administrators in this country for decades.
The West Coast Eagles were the most prominent local team exposed for drug taking and links with notorious criminals
Today they and their other local AFL rivals…the Fremantle Dockers…have gone to ground, refusing to acknowledge or discuss the crime commission report.
And Essendon FC… now only the tip of the iceberg that is this scandal… are likely one of only several clubs that will now have the broom put through them.
And AFL is not alone…it seems the tentacles of crime…drug traffickers and match fixers… have permeated most major professional sports in this country…including Soccer, Rugby League, Rugby Union, tennis and cricket.
What govt does about it will define the future of the most high profile sports…since no parent should want their son or daughter signed up to a future where they’ll be called on to cheat or risk their health for dirty money.