- PHOTOS: Shark buzzes surfer
- AFL's ANZAC commitment slammed
- VW campaign tackles inattention
- When loyalty will cost you $82k
- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia Noticed Saturdays West and Sunday Times had no letters about the Muslim rampages in Canada and New York or the nasty ginger ... more
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia with christmas coming on lets not pretend our school teachers are not grooming our children -- carols bad, hurt Muslims -- ... more
- Jennifer on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear you are retiring Paul. You would have to be the best political presenter in the country. No one comes close to ... more
- Dellas on Groomed to hate Australia They sound like a mob of blokes and their "young boys" singing "la vida loca"before a footie match. more
- Alec Strachan on Groomed to hate Australia Why have the faces been blocked out ?. Surely we need to see the faces of these trainee terrorists so we can kick their butt ... more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad Were do people go when they get old and no amount of creams, botox, fillers, physical enhancers, "regimens" and medication ... more
- Perthguy on Social media slams sexist ad These are professional models that are being paid. It is a career choice and those that complain either are jealous or ... more
- Lisa on Paul Murray Retires Missed Howard after he left and will miss your informative and balanced reports. Only issue I felt was very biased was your ... more
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- Wayne on Paul Murray Retires Our loss...but enjoy the next step. I envy you,I kno you have already seen much but we all know there is plenty more to see. ... more
- Mark on Sanderson opens up after sacking I thought he was dumped prematurely by a board who seemed to be concerned that they should look like there doing ... more
- Andrew on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing @ Carol... typical pigheaded attitude. I say this as a white Australian - born here - that they have as much right as any ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Garry Tomlinson on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing Maybe Colin is hiding with all the so called Moderate Muslims and are arranging some protests about ISIS giving Islam a bad ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
'Demetriou is a liar': Tania Hird
There is no nice way to put this: Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou a liar.
Tania Hird - James Hird’s wife – yesterday launched her attack in what looked like a staged press conference outside her home.
And she effectively called Andrew Demetriou a liar.
This is why…
So he says he didn’t know, she says he did know.
Mr Demetirou has declined to speak with me today, but he will issue a statement.
I will read that when I get it.
But I can’t work out what Tania Hird is doing.
Why ignite the whole thing again?
She is a smart person, a qualified lawyer.
She knows what she was doing, so why do it?
And while I admire her loyalty to James, she is totally wrong to portray him as the victim.
James Hird mucked up. He was the man in charge – he agreed himself, he took responsibility.
There was a pharmacological experiment running at the club.
Players were being injected with heaven knows what.
He failed to control that adequately.
James Hird deserved to be condemned for what happened.
He failed in his duty of care to those players.
In my view he got off lightly with a year’s holiday on full pay.
And for Tania Hird to try to paint him as some poor maligned victim shows loyalty, and ignorance.
Former Hawthorn President Jeff Kennett also launched an attack on the AFL commission today.
“I hold the AFL commission absolutely responsible for the administration of their code,” he told Neil Mitchell.
“You have a board in a company, they are responsible for the CEO, they’re responsible for governance and they’ve been involved in this in such a terrible way where they’ve put governance as a second or third order over mates.”
On top of that, Kennett also had some questions about ASADA’s work during the scandal.
“Do you ever wonder why ASADA, which is meant to be the independent authority, has never called Stephen Dank?” He asked.
“I just do not understand, now that’s not an AFL responsibility.
Here we have the biggest scandal, the biggest crisis effecting Australian Rules Football, doping, sports, etc. And the body charged with actually getting to the truth has not even called upon the person who’s alleged to have provided those supplements.”
Stay up to date on breaking news with 6PR on Twitter