- Eagles careers under threat
- Work for the dole plan
- John Paul Young crashes Karaoke
- Escapee adds Acacia to record
- Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead
- Battlestar Galactic's Jamie Bamber
- WA director hits it big
- Sue's Tour Highlights
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
- Hereinmyhead on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Great comment Dellas, it's all too much! more
'Demetriou is a liar': Tania Hird
There is no nice way to put this: Tania Hird is calling Andrew Demetriou a liar.
Tania Hird - James Hird’s wife – yesterday launched her attack in what looked like a staged press conference outside her home.
And she effectively called Andrew Demetriou a liar.
This is why…
So he says he didn’t know, she says he did know.
Mr Demetirou has declined to speak with me today, but he will issue a statement.
I will read that when I get it.
But I can’t work out what Tania Hird is doing.
Why ignite the whole thing again?
She is a smart person, a qualified lawyer.
She knows what she was doing, so why do it?
And while I admire her loyalty to James, she is totally wrong to portray him as the victim.
James Hird mucked up. He was the man in charge – he agreed himself, he took responsibility.
There was a pharmacological experiment running at the club.
Players were being injected with heaven knows what.
He failed to control that adequately.
James Hird deserved to be condemned for what happened.
He failed in his duty of care to those players.
In my view he got off lightly with a year’s holiday on full pay.
And for Tania Hird to try to paint him as some poor maligned victim shows loyalty, and ignorance.
Former Hawthorn President Jeff Kennett also launched an attack on the AFL commission today.
“I hold the AFL commission absolutely responsible for the administration of their code,” he told Neil Mitchell.
“You have a board in a company, they are responsible for the CEO, they’re responsible for governance and they’ve been involved in this in such a terrible way where they’ve put governance as a second or third order over mates.”
On top of that, Kennett also had some questions about ASADA’s work during the scandal.
“Do you ever wonder why ASADA, which is meant to be the independent authority, has never called Stephen Dank?” He asked.
“I just do not understand, now that’s not an AFL responsibility.
Here we have the biggest scandal, the biggest crisis effecting Australian Rules Football, doping, sports, etc. And the body charged with actually getting to the truth has not even called upon the person who’s alleged to have provided those supplements.”
Stay up to date on breaking news with 6PR on Twitter