- I have a circus degree
- Ecstasy use on the rise
- Portrait placement a potty idea
- Burqua ban backflip
- Dear Treasurer. A letter by Larry
- Dragon still rockin' 40 years on
- In the flame zone
- Sports Today's 2015 Caufield Cup Sweep for TAB Touch
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
- Pepita on Paul Murray Retires A massive loss to journalism in WA, Paul will leave big shoes to fill. Would be nice to see a woman take drive though to ... more
- Graham on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulWhy are you waiting till end of 2014 ?What are the labor Party going to do without you marketing them ? more
- Walter on Crying poor after the boom How is it Premier Barnett uses the argument that the increased volume output of iron ore will compensate for fall in its ... more
- Luke Reymond on Bali weddings in tatters Sadly Paul and Catherine Williams of Bali D'Luxe weddings conned my little sister out of $25,000 and on the day the ... more
- troy on Paul Murray Retires not happy Paul, u r a person for the people ,. god bless more
- Mr Cranky on Paul Murray Retires Paul,I haven't always agreed with you,informative and precise comes to mind with your presentation.Time to enjoy life,all ... more
- Brian Whitby on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear the news that you are retiring Paul. We have had or difference of opinion on a few occasions but you I listen ... more
- Allan Bowes on Paul Murray Retires I'd like to wish Paul all the best for the future.Thoroughly enjoyed your shows in the morning and afternoon.You will be ... more
- troy on Lunch and innuendo with Graham great to hear Grahem on Peters show well dunregards Troy more
- Steve on Dampier's 'Hammer Time' experience I like the audio - "...we'll move like billy-o".You've been hanging with the nicest people, hammerhead. more
- Mick on Let Andy's death mean something "planning to erect a heartfelt, yet confronting plaque near the hotel" This is best to be planted in a cemetery. more
- Dr Pamela Schulz on Abbey's Project There is clearly a disconnect between the system and its flawed outcomes and those who seek remedies from it. My research on ... more
- Family Court of Western Australia on Abbey's Project To view a Letter to the Editor from the Chief Judge of the Western Australian Family Court outlining proceedings in Abbey's ... more
- Christine on Bravest thing I've ever seen Fantastic interview Gary with Robbie this morning about Sean Pollard's shark attack. Love your work. Good luck to Sean his ... more
- Lana on Abbey's Project Thanks to people like Hetty who understand these issues and speak out. We also need to remember that getting a child sexual ... more
- Robyn Cotterell-Jones on Abbey's Project Community services say report children at risk, but do not have the capacity to investigate even 20% of serious matters. If ... more
Danny Green's title tilt
Three Time World Champion Danny “The Green Machine” Green (32-5, 28 KO’s) and Shane “The Mountain Warrior” Cameron (29-2, 22 KO’s) held a press conference at the Crown Casino in Melbourne to announce they will face each other for the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight Title.
The bout will take place at the Hisense Arena in Melbourne on Wednesday November 21.
The belt became vacant when Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver was stripped of the title after he tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 this year.
When asked, Green said he has "no idea'' whether Antonio Tarver was on steroids when he took the IBO title in July last year and he bears him no ill will.
"I lost the world title, Antonio Tarver beat me, and I had a shocking night, its history” Green said
“Now I get the chance to get my title back.''
“The fighter in me wanted to make this fight with Cameron, he iced Dominic Vea and he iced Monte Barrett, this is no cordial affair, he either wins by knockout or loses by knockout. This is real” Green said.
The Green Machine is coming off an imposing 5th round TKO victory American Danny “The Bronx Bomber” Santiago (31-6-1, 27 KOs) at Challenge Stadium in Perth in July.
Green sent Santiago to the canvas four times on his way victory in what was the West Australian's final fight in his home town of Perth.
While The Mountain Warrior was victorious in July via a brutal 4th round knockout over Monte “Two Gunz” Barrett in what was surely a contender for 2012 Knockout of the year.
"It's bad for Tarver, bloody good for me,'' Cameron said of this opportunity.
"I'm ready, I'm going to Hisense Arena on November 21 to win.''
"This is the pinnacle of boxing, fighting for a world title, so yeah 100% this is my biggest fight," said Cameron
Green, will be aiming to become a world champion for the fourth time.
Also on the card will be “Wild” Will Tomlinson (19-0, 12 KO’s) who will be making the 2nd defence of his IBO World Featherweight Title against Irving “Travieso” Berry (22-3-2, 9 KO’s).
Danny Green vs Shane Cameron, promoted by Green Machine Boxing, Wednesday November 21 at Hisense Arena, Melbourne