- Epileptic toddler uses cannabis
- French Giants heading to Perth
- S.O.F. Save Our Ficus
- Bob Maumill: Profile
- Have your say on euthanasia
- Nitschke will fight suspension
- Charges dropped in death crash
- 'a hell beyond hell'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
- Hereinmyhead on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Great comment Dellas, it's all too much! more
- Dellas on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Can all you salivating "journalists" and "news people" please stop this opportunist "news fest", shut up and stop banging on ... more
- Faye Rowe on Premier: 28 Australian lives lost Dear PaulMy husband and I are in Nice at present when we heard about the plane being shot down. We just couldn't believe it ... more
- Wayde on Buswell claim lacking facts What would have happened if Troy was a well know criminal figure - The Police would have called in TRG and stormed his house ... more
- Lee on Thorpe's admission ignites debate The first statement people make in regards to Ian Thorpeâ??s sexuality is â??who caresâ?? If nobody cares why are millions ... more
- Ben on 'Fan First' Stadium Fan first for AFL, for rectangular sports no. No retractable seats, just stupid bump seats which really serve no purpose ... more
- Danny on 'Fan First' Stadium You mentioned at length the number of various toilets, but nothing about disabled Facilites. Very inportant to us!!! more
- Laurie on Buswell claim lacking facts The whole of the Buswell affair, plus the lies and deceit of the Liberal/NP Government, has ensured their defeat at the next ... more
- david hanks on WA the grumpy state i think it should be BARNEY RUBBLE.Only Barney has more brains than that idiot in charge of our state.RF9 more
- Dellas on Sheep shearing Terror Fair Dinkum, I always thought that shearing was a skill, a craft, a art, a profession and that shearer's were the epitome of ... more
- tessata on Thorpe's admission ignites debate Ian Thorpe is a wonderful athlete and has a kind and loving personality I'm sure.But lets be honest its the Media that have ... more
- Karen on Mum's disgust at S**t van Why don't these numbskulls think of a slogan for impotency, they obviously know about it first hand. more
Danny Green's title tilt
Three Time World Champion Danny “The Green Machine” Green (32-5, 28 KO’s) and Shane “The Mountain Warrior” Cameron (29-2, 22 KO’s) held a press conference at the Crown Casino in Melbourne to announce they will face each other for the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight Title.
The bout will take place at the Hisense Arena in Melbourne on Wednesday November 21.
The belt became vacant when Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver was stripped of the title after he tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 this year.
When asked, Green said he has "no idea'' whether Antonio Tarver was on steroids when he took the IBO title in July last year and he bears him no ill will.
"I lost the world title, Antonio Tarver beat me, and I had a shocking night, its history” Green said
“Now I get the chance to get my title back.''
“The fighter in me wanted to make this fight with Cameron, he iced Dominic Vea and he iced Monte Barrett, this is no cordial affair, he either wins by knockout or loses by knockout. This is real” Green said.
The Green Machine is coming off an imposing 5th round TKO victory American Danny “The Bronx Bomber” Santiago (31-6-1, 27 KOs) at Challenge Stadium in Perth in July.
Green sent Santiago to the canvas four times on his way victory in what was the West Australian's final fight in his home town of Perth.
While The Mountain Warrior was victorious in July via a brutal 4th round knockout over Monte “Two Gunz” Barrett in what was surely a contender for 2012 Knockout of the year.
"It's bad for Tarver, bloody good for me,'' Cameron said of this opportunity.
"I'm ready, I'm going to Hisense Arena on November 21 to win.''
"This is the pinnacle of boxing, fighting for a world title, so yeah 100% this is my biggest fight," said Cameron
Green, will be aiming to become a world champion for the fourth time.
Also on the card will be “Wild” Will Tomlinson (19-0, 12 KO’s) who will be making the 2nd defence of his IBO World Featherweight Title against Irving “Travieso” Berry (22-3-2, 9 KO’s).
Danny Green vs Shane Cameron, promoted by Green Machine Boxing, Wednesday November 21 at Hisense Arena, Melbourne