- PHOTOS: Shark buzzes surfer
- AFL's ANZAC commitment slammed
- VW campaign tackles inattention
- When loyalty will cost you $82k
- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia Noticed Saturdays West and Sunday Times had no letters about the Muslim rampages in Canada and New York or the nasty ginger ... more
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia with christmas coming on lets not pretend our school teachers are not grooming our children -- carols bad, hurt Muslims -- ... more
- Jennifer on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear you are retiring Paul. You would have to be the best political presenter in the country. No one comes close to ... more
- Dellas on Groomed to hate Australia They sound like a mob of blokes and their "young boys" singing "la vida loca"before a footie match. more
- Alec Strachan on Groomed to hate Australia Why have the faces been blocked out ?. Surely we need to see the faces of these trainee terrorists so we can kick their butt ... more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad Were do people go when they get old and no amount of creams, botox, fillers, physical enhancers, "regimens" and medication ... more
- Perthguy on Social media slams sexist ad These are professional models that are being paid. It is a career choice and those that complain either are jealous or ... more
- Lisa on Paul Murray Retires Missed Howard after he left and will miss your informative and balanced reports. Only issue I felt was very biased was your ... more
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- Wayne on Paul Murray Retires Our loss...but enjoy the next step. I envy you,I kno you have already seen much but we all know there is plenty more to see. ... more
- Mark on Sanderson opens up after sacking I thought he was dumped prematurely by a board who seemed to be concerned that they should look like there doing ... more
- Andrew on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing @ Carol... typical pigheaded attitude. I say this as a white Australian - born here - that they have as much right as any ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Garry Tomlinson on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing Maybe Colin is hiding with all the so called Moderate Muslims and are arranging some protests about ISIS giving Islam a bad ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
Danny Green's title tilt
Three Time World Champion Danny “The Green Machine” Green (32-5, 28 KO’s) and Shane “The Mountain Warrior” Cameron (29-2, 22 KO’s) held a press conference at the Crown Casino in Melbourne to announce they will face each other for the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight Title.
The bout will take place at the Hisense Arena in Melbourne on Wednesday November 21.
The belt became vacant when Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver was stripped of the title after he tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 this year.
When asked, Green said he has "no idea'' whether Antonio Tarver was on steroids when he took the IBO title in July last year and he bears him no ill will.
"I lost the world title, Antonio Tarver beat me, and I had a shocking night, its history” Green said
“Now I get the chance to get my title back.''
“The fighter in me wanted to make this fight with Cameron, he iced Dominic Vea and he iced Monte Barrett, this is no cordial affair, he either wins by knockout or loses by knockout. This is real” Green said.
The Green Machine is coming off an imposing 5th round TKO victory American Danny “The Bronx Bomber” Santiago (31-6-1, 27 KOs) at Challenge Stadium in Perth in July.
Green sent Santiago to the canvas four times on his way victory in what was the West Australian's final fight in his home town of Perth.
While The Mountain Warrior was victorious in July via a brutal 4th round knockout over Monte “Two Gunz” Barrett in what was surely a contender for 2012 Knockout of the year.
"It's bad for Tarver, bloody good for me,'' Cameron said of this opportunity.
"I'm ready, I'm going to Hisense Arena on November 21 to win.''
"This is the pinnacle of boxing, fighting for a world title, so yeah 100% this is my biggest fight," said Cameron
Green, will be aiming to become a world champion for the fourth time.
Also on the card will be “Wild” Will Tomlinson (19-0, 12 KO’s) who will be making the 2nd defence of his IBO World Featherweight Title against Irving “Travieso” Berry (22-3-2, 9 KO’s).
Danny Green vs Shane Cameron, promoted by Green Machine Boxing, Wednesday November 21 at Hisense Arena, Melbourne