- Aggressive beggars
- Nothing wrong with older mums
- That's one tough koala
- Land tax needed for reform
- Cyclist casualties mounting
- Eagles careers under threat
- Work for the dole plan
- John Paul Young crashes Karaoke
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew Luobikis on WA director hits it big He may live in Palmyra but, he is originally from Girrawheen. more
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
Danny Green's title tilt
Three Time World Champion Danny “The Green Machine” Green (32-5, 28 KO’s) and Shane “The Mountain Warrior” Cameron (29-2, 22 KO’s) held a press conference at the Crown Casino in Melbourne to announce they will face each other for the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight Title.
The bout will take place at the Hisense Arena in Melbourne on Wednesday November 21.
The belt became vacant when Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver was stripped of the title after he tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 this year.
When asked, Green said he has "no idea'' whether Antonio Tarver was on steroids when he took the IBO title in July last year and he bears him no ill will.
"I lost the world title, Antonio Tarver beat me, and I had a shocking night, its history” Green said
“Now I get the chance to get my title back.''
“The fighter in me wanted to make this fight with Cameron, he iced Dominic Vea and he iced Monte Barrett, this is no cordial affair, he either wins by knockout or loses by knockout. This is real” Green said.
The Green Machine is coming off an imposing 5th round TKO victory American Danny “The Bronx Bomber” Santiago (31-6-1, 27 KOs) at Challenge Stadium in Perth in July.
Green sent Santiago to the canvas four times on his way victory in what was the West Australian's final fight in his home town of Perth.
While The Mountain Warrior was victorious in July via a brutal 4th round knockout over Monte “Two Gunz” Barrett in what was surely a contender for 2012 Knockout of the year.
"It's bad for Tarver, bloody good for me,'' Cameron said of this opportunity.
"I'm ready, I'm going to Hisense Arena on November 21 to win.''
"This is the pinnacle of boxing, fighting for a world title, so yeah 100% this is my biggest fight," said Cameron
Green, will be aiming to become a world champion for the fourth time.
Also on the card will be “Wild” Will Tomlinson (19-0, 12 KO’s) who will be making the 2nd defence of his IBO World Featherweight Title against Irving “Travieso” Berry (22-3-2, 9 KO’s).
Danny Green vs Shane Cameron, promoted by Green Machine Boxing, Wednesday November 21 at Hisense Arena, Melbourne