- WA goes darts crazy
- Video: Premier tips the bucket
- Religions unite against extremists
- Foley murder raises ransom questions
- Koala saved with CPR
- FIFO suicide investigation
- Victim furious at flasher sentence
- What the hell is Bro-ga
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kerry on Woof woof is this the end? I think a more appropriate headline would have read: Are the greyhounds dog gone? more
- James Redden on No friction between Palmer and Wang Why does 6pr constantly use the pseydenoum "Sir Rumor" every time they are fed lies from the liberal party. The bias is ... more
- Matthew on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal @ Jess get over it - these are trained killers, yes we train them to kill not to cuddle.Let the boys blow off some steam, ... more
- Helen Stephenson on Banned from ANZAC parade Political Correctness Gone Mad. Horses Were An Integral Part Of This Campaign And ShouldBe Included In The Ceremony. more
- Chris on 'I have to keep my distance' Dear Carl, I absolutely feel the pain you are going through as a parent. I for one also have had to deal with the pain and ... more
- Dellas on Job ads: Indigenous only What's to know about Aboriginal or Indigenous employment? It's been in existence since 1984.Just ask Andrew Forrest's view ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Yeah, right, Amanda, when these men go fight the good fight in fundamentalist Islamic countries, what do they yell at the ... more
- Jess on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal I think it is disgraceful they have been able to do this in a work location. If they want skimpys or strippers they should ... more
- Lee on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal I don't have a problem with what SAS soldiers want to do in their downtime as long as it is legal, which Skimmpys are. ... more
- Chris on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal For God's sake, these soldiers are grown men and the barmaids are grown women doing the job of their own free will. Nobody's ... more
- Amanda on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Good morning 6PR,In regards to the skimmpys being at the Swan Barracks, seriously this women complaining should get a ... more
- shailesh on Has Clive gone too far? India and China are one of the two biggest business partners of Australia. However, both the countries have faced public ... more
- Angela on Worry over radicals in Perth This is just crazy. Why is it that these young men of middle-eastern background more susceptible to being radicalized? These ... more
- Dellas on PMS is a man's fault. Apparently What is this "man" talking about?This creature who has never experienced "Men-archy" "Men"-suration, pregnancy or ... more
- Stuart on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator What garbage. This flies in the face of what generations of Australians have saved and worked for. The family home should be ... more
- Rod Tweddle on Cuts for WA seniors rebate Those changing the rules for seniors were perhaps not around before compulsory superannuation. A means test by all means, ... more
- Laurie on Robin Williams dead at 63 So sad. A tragic circumstance. Such a talented man. Will be greatly missed. Feel so sorry for his family. more
- Ben on Gammy's father's growing record This guy has made his bed, the point isn't if is fit to look after kids now, he ruined 4 human lives in unspeakable crimes, ... more
- Trish on Have your say on euthanasia We should all have a choice in how we die. I for one would not want to linger on in pain with no end in sight. more
- Trish on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator Well said Grant. more
Danny Green's title tilt
Three Time World Champion Danny “The Green Machine” Green (32-5, 28 KO’s) and Shane “The Mountain Warrior” Cameron (29-2, 22 KO’s) held a press conference at the Crown Casino in Melbourne to announce they will face each other for the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight Title.
The bout will take place at the Hisense Arena in Melbourne on Wednesday November 21.
The belt became vacant when Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver was stripped of the title after he tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 this year.
When asked, Green said he has "no idea'' whether Antonio Tarver was on steroids when he took the IBO title in July last year and he bears him no ill will.
"I lost the world title, Antonio Tarver beat me, and I had a shocking night, its history” Green said
“Now I get the chance to get my title back.''
“The fighter in me wanted to make this fight with Cameron, he iced Dominic Vea and he iced Monte Barrett, this is no cordial affair, he either wins by knockout or loses by knockout. This is real” Green said.
The Green Machine is coming off an imposing 5th round TKO victory American Danny “The Bronx Bomber” Santiago (31-6-1, 27 KOs) at Challenge Stadium in Perth in July.
Green sent Santiago to the canvas four times on his way victory in what was the West Australian's final fight in his home town of Perth.
While The Mountain Warrior was victorious in July via a brutal 4th round knockout over Monte “Two Gunz” Barrett in what was surely a contender for 2012 Knockout of the year.
"It's bad for Tarver, bloody good for me,'' Cameron said of this opportunity.
"I'm ready, I'm going to Hisense Arena on November 21 to win.''
"This is the pinnacle of boxing, fighting for a world title, so yeah 100% this is my biggest fight," said Cameron
Green, will be aiming to become a world champion for the fourth time.
Also on the card will be “Wild” Will Tomlinson (19-0, 12 KO’s) who will be making the 2nd defence of his IBO World Featherweight Title against Irving “Travieso” Berry (22-3-2, 9 KO’s).
Danny Green vs Shane Cameron, promoted by Green Machine Boxing, Wednesday November 21 at Hisense Arena, Melbourne