- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- Free but monitored
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Pointlessly poignant.
- Pain program scrapped
- Big business's big tax breaks
- Too expensive to fix?
- From asylum to surgeon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
- Abdullah on "She has no idea" The poor women, she should have kept her mouth shut.she does not know what she is talking about.Abdullah more
Danny Green to fight on
Three Time World Champion Danny “The Green Machine” Green (31-5, 27 KO’s) held a press conference at the Incontro Restaurant in South Perth to announce his next fight where he will face “The Bronx Bomber” Danny Santiago (31-5-1, 19 KO’s) on Wednesday July 25 at Challenge Stadium in Perth.
Green said that this will be his last fight in Perth and will drop down in weight to face Santiago.
Danny Santiago v James Brock 2004
"Most probably this will be the last time I fight in Western Australia, so it means a hell of a lot to me and we've chosen a very exciting guy in Santiago” Green said.
Green hasn’t fought since his TKO loss to WBC World Cruiserweight Champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk in November where he had a comfortable lead on all judges’ scorecards at the time of the stoppage in round 11.
Santiago’s last fight was also an unsuccessful World Title challenge which was for the WBA Light Heavyweight title against current champion Beibut Shumenov.
Green's drop down to Light Heavyweight is to his old stomping ground, having held the WBA Light Heavyweight title with a dominant victory over Stipe Drews in December 2007.
"This fight with Santiago is here to prove that I'm prepared to come down and give the fans of Australia what they want to see," Green said.
"Nothing soft comes out of Bronx, and he's a very tough guy.” “This isn't just a fight to have a fight, I'm not going anywhere, and I’m looking at campaigning at a lower weight and see how I can handle the weight."
However, with the announcement of Green vs Santiago, the presser was dominated with talk of a rematch with Anthony “The Man” Mundine.
"It's on Anthony Mundine's call. So I'm not sure whether he's just calling my name out to get publicity, or he's dinkum about getting the fight on, this is my way of saying I'm dinkum." Green said
In April, Mundine said he would contemplate conceding 10kg to ensure the fight with Green went ahead.
Asked if he didn't like Mundine, Green replied, ‘I don’t know him not to like him, but I'm not a fan of his". "I think he's deluded in what he says and he actually believes what he says. I think that's crazy.”
Green lost to Mundine on points in 2006 in one of Australian boxing's biggest fights.
"I want to prove what happened in 2006 was nowhere near the best I have to offer.”
“He got me as a ghost and he still couldn't knock me out.”
“The only thing stopping Mundine from agreeing to a rematch was raw fear” Green said.”
"I don't have to chase Choc (Mundine). We've got offers on the table from world champions to fight… Choc's not a world champion.”
"I'm looking at campaigning at a lower weight, I want to see how I can handle the weight because we've had offers from Shumenov, we've had offers from Frank Warren's matchmaker Dean Powell to fight WBO Light Heavyweight champ Nathan Cleverly in England, I've had many offers to fight again for the Light Heavyweight title" Green said.
Green will face Santiago after finding the challenge against the bigger Cruiserweights too great a hurdle.
"Unfortunately I was always giving away too much weight at Cruiserweight and when you're stepping on the scales at 90kg with two litres of fluid in your system and the guys you're fighting are walking around at 100-105kg, it makes it very difficult, especially when you're fighting the best fighters out there."
Green’s long-time trainer Angelo Hyder said they will do their best to get as light as they can and hopefully achieve a couple of things along the way while also hoping Mundine “Finally Walks the Walk”.
The Green Machine has a goal is sight which is potentially to win another world title and or finally put an end to this saga with Mundine.
Many see Santiago as an ideal opponent for Green for a return bout.
Tickets for Green vs Santiago are on sale now from ticketmaster.com.au
“Danny Green vs Danny Santiago, promoted by Green Machine Boxing. Wednesday July 25 at Challenge Stadium, Perth.