- Mother's plea over cannabis
- Harvey targets suburban hoons
- "You can't change Jaqui Lambie"
- I wish he would just pay up
- "Are you well hung?"
- Am I cautious or obsessive?
- Children victims in adult conflict
- Asbestos creates school chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Dellas on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Can all you salivating "journalists" and "news people" please stop this opportunist "news fest", shut up and stop banging on ... more
- Faye Rowe on Premier: 28 Australian lives lost Dear PaulMy husband and I are in Nice at present when we heard about the plane being shot down. We just couldn't believe it ... more
- Wayde on Buswell claim lacking facts What would have happened if Troy was a well know criminal figure - The Police would have called in TRG and stormed his house ... more
- Lee on Thorpe's admission ignites debate The first statement people make in regards to Ian Thorpeâ??s sexuality is â??who caresâ?? If nobody cares why are millions ... more
- Ben on 'Fan First' Stadium Fan first for AFL, for rectangular sports no. No retractable seats, just stupid bump seats which really serve no purpose ... more
- Danny on 'Fan First' Stadium You mentioned at length the number of various toilets, but nothing about disabled Facilites. Very inportant to us!!! more
- Laurie on Buswell claim lacking facts The whole of the Buswell affair, plus the lies and deceit of the Liberal/NP Government, has ensured their defeat at the next ... more
- david hanks on WA the grumpy state i think it should be BARNEY RUBBLE.Only Barney has more brains than that idiot in charge of our state.RF9 more
- Dellas on Sheep shearing Terror Fair Dinkum, I always thought that shearing was a skill, a craft, a art, a profession and that shearer's were the epitome of ... more
- tessata on Thorpe's admission ignites debate Ian Thorpe is a wonderful athlete and has a kind and loving personality I'm sure.But lets be honest its the Media that have ... more
- Karen on Mum's disgust at S**t van Why don't these numbskulls think of a slogan for impotency, they obviously know about it first hand. more
- Jean Jockey on Mum's disgust at S**t van WE saw a Wicked Camper at Broome, it had "If an animal bled for 3 days once a month you would shoot it!" painted on the ... more
- Chris on Naughty corner is naughty What a load of C**PIt is as plain as the nose on your face that children have become more and more obnoxious, rebellious and ... more
- Michelle on Sheep shearing Terror Are you kidding me!!!! No more meat ,no more wool....I hate seeing this, in our own country makes me even sicker. more
- Kevin Briant on Sheep shearing Terror Sure some action by some shearers in your forage was very wrong,but be looking at the film several times I am of the opinion ... more
- Shane on Harsher Penalties for Drivers Wednesday night, I was awoken by the familiar sound of hooning followed by the sound of a crash. Then another familiarity a ... more
- Joylene Dodman on Naughty corner is naughty In a school removing a child temporarily is necessary to allow the child to calm down. Naughty corners went out in the 80s. ... more
- tessata on Court stalls turn-back policy would the media and some sections of the govt. prefer to go back to seeing the boats coming in every day. The churches say ... more
Danny Green to fight on
Three Time World Champion Danny “The Green Machine” Green (31-5, 27 KO’s) held a press conference at the Incontro Restaurant in South Perth to announce his next fight where he will face “The Bronx Bomber” Danny Santiago (31-5-1, 19 KO’s) on Wednesday July 25 at Challenge Stadium in Perth.
Green said that this will be his last fight in Perth and will drop down in weight to face Santiago.
Danny Santiago v James Brock 2004
"Most probably this will be the last time I fight in Western Australia, so it means a hell of a lot to me and we've chosen a very exciting guy in Santiago” Green said.
Green hasn’t fought since his TKO loss to WBC World Cruiserweight Champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk in November where he had a comfortable lead on all judges’ scorecards at the time of the stoppage in round 11.
Santiago’s last fight was also an unsuccessful World Title challenge which was for the WBA Light Heavyweight title against current champion Beibut Shumenov.
Green's drop down to Light Heavyweight is to his old stomping ground, having held the WBA Light Heavyweight title with a dominant victory over Stipe Drews in December 2007.
"This fight with Santiago is here to prove that I'm prepared to come down and give the fans of Australia what they want to see," Green said.
"Nothing soft comes out of Bronx, and he's a very tough guy.” “This isn't just a fight to have a fight, I'm not going anywhere, and I’m looking at campaigning at a lower weight and see how I can handle the weight."
However, with the announcement of Green vs Santiago, the presser was dominated with talk of a rematch with Anthony “The Man” Mundine.
"It's on Anthony Mundine's call. So I'm not sure whether he's just calling my name out to get publicity, or he's dinkum about getting the fight on, this is my way of saying I'm dinkum." Green said
In April, Mundine said he would contemplate conceding 10kg to ensure the fight with Green went ahead.
Asked if he didn't like Mundine, Green replied, ‘I don’t know him not to like him, but I'm not a fan of his". "I think he's deluded in what he says and he actually believes what he says. I think that's crazy.”
Green lost to Mundine on points in 2006 in one of Australian boxing's biggest fights.
"I want to prove what happened in 2006 was nowhere near the best I have to offer.”
“He got me as a ghost and he still couldn't knock me out.”
“The only thing stopping Mundine from agreeing to a rematch was raw fear” Green said.”
"I don't have to chase Choc (Mundine). We've got offers on the table from world champions to fight… Choc's not a world champion.”
"I'm looking at campaigning at a lower weight, I want to see how I can handle the weight because we've had offers from Shumenov, we've had offers from Frank Warren's matchmaker Dean Powell to fight WBO Light Heavyweight champ Nathan Cleverly in England, I've had many offers to fight again for the Light Heavyweight title" Green said.
Green will face Santiago after finding the challenge against the bigger Cruiserweights too great a hurdle.
"Unfortunately I was always giving away too much weight at Cruiserweight and when you're stepping on the scales at 90kg with two litres of fluid in your system and the guys you're fighting are walking around at 100-105kg, it makes it very difficult, especially when you're fighting the best fighters out there."
Green’s long-time trainer Angelo Hyder said they will do their best to get as light as they can and hopefully achieve a couple of things along the way while also hoping Mundine “Finally Walks the Walk”.
The Green Machine has a goal is sight which is potentially to win another world title and or finally put an end to this saga with Mundine.
Many see Santiago as an ideal opponent for Green for a return bout.
Tickets for Green vs Santiago are on sale now from ticketmaster.com.au
“Danny Green vs Danny Santiago, promoted by Green Machine Boxing. Wednesday July 25 at Challenge Stadium, Perth.