- Simpson pulls Freo plug
- The barbaric bump is dead
- Possibility of more packages
- AHA want penalty rate changes
- How do you stop Sandilands
- Power's Liverpool weapon fires
- Pratt concedes defeat
- Nahan's budget warning
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
- Maxine Kent on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog This has made me so sick. Their are just no words for this terrible crime. I cant even think of it as I cry just like so ... more
- Stacey on Carparks full by 5.40am I agree - if the buses ran more regularly, more people would catch this option to the train station. Hourly is not good ... more
- Kat on Carparks full by 5.40am I would like to see the buses that connect to the train stations run on a more regular basis. During the week days my bus ... more
- Jodi on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog I am sorry to hear of what happened to your dog. I too have a 15 year old dog called Sheba. I can only imagine how you feel. ... more
- Anne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Certainly the judicial system is a problem.However the root causes are clearly the unravelling of social morality, and in ... more
Danny Green to fight on
Three Time World Champion Danny “The Green Machine” Green (31-5, 27 KO’s) held a press conference at the Incontro Restaurant in South Perth to announce his next fight where he will face “The Bronx Bomber” Danny Santiago (31-5-1, 19 KO’s) on Wednesday July 25 at Challenge Stadium in Perth.
Green said that this will be his last fight in Perth and will drop down in weight to face Santiago.
Danny Santiago v James Brock 2004
"Most probably this will be the last time I fight in Western Australia, so it means a hell of a lot to me and we've chosen a very exciting guy in Santiago” Green said.
Green hasn’t fought since his TKO loss to WBC World Cruiserweight Champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk in November where he had a comfortable lead on all judges’ scorecards at the time of the stoppage in round 11.
Santiago’s last fight was also an unsuccessful World Title challenge which was for the WBA Light Heavyweight title against current champion Beibut Shumenov.
Green's drop down to Light Heavyweight is to his old stomping ground, having held the WBA Light Heavyweight title with a dominant victory over Stipe Drews in December 2007.
"This fight with Santiago is here to prove that I'm prepared to come down and give the fans of Australia what they want to see," Green said.
"Nothing soft comes out of Bronx, and he's a very tough guy.” “This isn't just a fight to have a fight, I'm not going anywhere, and I’m looking at campaigning at a lower weight and see how I can handle the weight."
However, with the announcement of Green vs Santiago, the presser was dominated with talk of a rematch with Anthony “The Man” Mundine.
"It's on Anthony Mundine's call. So I'm not sure whether he's just calling my name out to get publicity, or he's dinkum about getting the fight on, this is my way of saying I'm dinkum." Green said
In April, Mundine said he would contemplate conceding 10kg to ensure the fight with Green went ahead.
Asked if he didn't like Mundine, Green replied, ‘I don’t know him not to like him, but I'm not a fan of his". "I think he's deluded in what he says and he actually believes what he says. I think that's crazy.”
Green lost to Mundine on points in 2006 in one of Australian boxing's biggest fights.
"I want to prove what happened in 2006 was nowhere near the best I have to offer.”
“He got me as a ghost and he still couldn't knock me out.”
“The only thing stopping Mundine from agreeing to a rematch was raw fear” Green said.”
"I don't have to chase Choc (Mundine). We've got offers on the table from world champions to fight… Choc's not a world champion.”
"I'm looking at campaigning at a lower weight, I want to see how I can handle the weight because we've had offers from Shumenov, we've had offers from Frank Warren's matchmaker Dean Powell to fight WBO Light Heavyweight champ Nathan Cleverly in England, I've had many offers to fight again for the Light Heavyweight title" Green said.
Green will face Santiago after finding the challenge against the bigger Cruiserweights too great a hurdle.
"Unfortunately I was always giving away too much weight at Cruiserweight and when you're stepping on the scales at 90kg with two litres of fluid in your system and the guys you're fighting are walking around at 100-105kg, it makes it very difficult, especially when you're fighting the best fighters out there."
Green’s long-time trainer Angelo Hyder said they will do their best to get as light as they can and hopefully achieve a couple of things along the way while also hoping Mundine “Finally Walks the Walk”.
The Green Machine has a goal is sight which is potentially to win another world title and or finally put an end to this saga with Mundine.
Many see Santiago as an ideal opponent for Green for a return bout.
Tickets for Green vs Santiago are on sale now from ticketmaster.com.au
“Danny Green vs Danny Santiago, promoted by Green Machine Boxing. Wednesday July 25 at Challenge Stadium, Perth.