- Unrestrained kids
- Abandoned because he's disabled
- Detention centre health concerns
- Twiggy's bold idea
- WA Toursim invests in China
- Is this Perth's biggest lemon?
- I'll take it day by day
- Police monitor WA radicals
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Shane on Abandoned because he's disabled I hope when she returns to Australia her other child is removed from her. That is her son and she just left him, she does ... more
- Jacky on Abandoned because he's disabled Hi,I find these people DISCUSTING & not deserving of any children. They should be made to pay for that poor little boys ... more
- Chris on WA Toursim invests in China Regarding China Southern - I'm an Aussie flying in / out of China monthly. Most flights are with CS ( and Malaysian ... more
- Marney on Councils rate rise fury Hey nice one Peter about your comment on the rates prizes at Stirling City Council.... you say you would have preferred the ... more
- eve fisher on That's one tough koala Loved the story about the Koala Bear, I could not stop laughing, not apologising, because we NEED more FUNNY STORIES and we ... more
- Ronda on Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead Go Lisa. A past student of mine. more
- talie on Sue's Tour Highlights To Gary - the long canal and fountains are Peterhof outside of St Petersburg. Summer holiday palace. Even on a grey day it ... more
- Andrew Luobikis on WA director hits it big He may live in Palmyra but, he is originally from Girrawheen. more
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
Breastfeeders unite for record
Breastfeeding mothers from will unite around the world today to fight the stigma associated with public breastfeeding. Lisa Barnes filed the story on the world record breastfeeding attempt happening today that will include Perth mums.
I really don't get it; this breast feeding "debate".
One (meaning women) does, or doesn't.
The ones who actually choose not to are stigmatized and branded bad mothers.
And, as a woman, who has breast fed her child, the last thing I would have wanted to do was to share my personal, bonding experience with the whole world.
Flopping my boob, along with my child, out in public is not my idea of empowerment.
Share it with family and close friends, celebrate it, by all means, but not with every creepy Tom, Dick or Harry .
There're many strange people in this world.
Perhaps I'm just one of them.Dellas Sunday 5 August, 2012 - 8:44 PM
There is no "stigma" attached to breast feeding.
For some reason, some rabid women insist on breast feeding.
We are women. Some wish to breast feed, some do not want to for various reasons, and it is not up to nurses in maternity units to force this on women.
I was forced, and co-orced, and, in the end, it did not one whit of good except to make me feel less of a mother.
Good luck to you, all who want and can. And curse you all who force it just because you think you can.Dellas Friday 3 August, 2012 - 8:55 PM