- Fighting phone use in cars
- F-35's to cost $12b
- They're off and waiting!
- MKR pair has slow boil appeal
- ANZAC sunset services
- Seriously? Our flag's made overseas?
- Bulk bill co payment likely
- It's ok for Boys to cry
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
Barnett burying BER fiasco
The opposition accused the Barnett government of trying to bury problems with the handling of the BER program Until after the next election. Paul Murray spoke to opposition leader Mark McGowan who says the bungled program may have left sub contractors millions out of pocket.
Although I am not directly involved with this disaster, I am seeing the fallout in my business as I deal with many of these smaller contractors.
I am seeing heart breaking stories of company mismanagement on the part of the Construction Companies. Illegal false Statutory Declarations by the company directors claiming contractors have been paid.
Forensic Accountants should be brought in to scrutinise these companies and the State Government should pay these monies that are rightly owedCraig Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 7:19 PM
How can this wealthy State Government receive $$$$$ from the Federal Government and then select contractors which pocket the goods and the 'subi's go begging? Where is the accountability?
Have a think.Dellas Friday 19 October, 2012 - 11:01 PM
More important I feel is whats being lost in this debate. The quality of work and the products installed in the BER projects have been compromised by contractors trying to build down to a price. One only needs to have a look at the school sites currently underconstruction or nearing completion.Canal Friday 19 October, 2012 - 11:41 AM