- Butt out
- Government staff pay rises
- Graham Mabury's top award
- Subbies owed for Colin's Castle
- Parenting isn't a teacher's job
- Budget response
- Would you vote for this guy?
- Can Darren Glass make 300?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kevin Boyle on Would you vote for this guy? Go Clive, you got my vote, its about time that someone stands and says it for what it is !!!!we work to hard to be treated ... more
- Mei-Lee Morris on Asbestos awareness walk Hey Guys!! Well done!! Keep up the good work!!! Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!!! more
- Johnny on Foreign aid delay If bob carr stopped wasting millions on traveling around the world they might be able to pay the foreign aid !! Do they ... more
- Dellas on We'll sign NDIS on our terms Western Australia. The richest, yet most draconian State in the country.Colin Barnett, Helen Morton and Troy, ... more
- sherley dionne on Engelbert Humperdinck engelbert,you are (TU EST D,UN AUTRE MONDE)GENTLEMEN,CHARISME EXTRAORDINAIRE,GREAT TALENT,BEAUTÃ? DIVINE ,LOVE YOUR ... more
- Kylie Welsh on We'll sign NDIS on our terms NDIS - I am a mother of an 8 yr old boy who was born with Spastic Quadraplegia Cerebral Palsy. He is non verbal, fed through ... more
- steve thornton on We'll sign NDIS on our terms In Victoria the state government signed up and then raised my disabled sons rent by 27% the next day. more
- Dellas on Horse racing has a problem When one looks at it in a cold logical light, horses really have no place in the modern world, do they?Except for greedy, ... more
- Johnny on Power price rise 'dishonest' Just one question where is all the money from the mining boom ??? more
- Johnny on Broken promises unacceptable Lets have a recall election that might keep the mongrels honest !! more
- Peter on Broken promises unacceptable Good article the only error is that Larry calls it a stadium, where in actual fact it should be called "Colin's Colosseum" more
- Luc Del Casale on More boats To those that are refering to the Malaysian solution, if you actually read the policy that sends 800 illegals for 4000 ... more
- Johnny on Power price rise 'dishonest' Barnett should stand down he is not fit to run this state he is like Gillard over spent cant manage the money wants to build ... more
- jacques v on Referendum on local council Since local govt are not recognized in the Australian constitution, why has the states included local govt in their ... more
- Alastair on More marriages, more money Everyone regardless of race, colour, gender etc is entitled to the same rights regardless of who they are, otherewise this ... more
- Rusty of Fremantle on Referendum on local council The Gillard Governments rationalisation of a fair and equitable carve-up to WA as witnessed in the NBN, NDIS and GST, would ... more
- Dellas on We're more cynical of promises So true, Rod. This is a State without a conscience.Doesn't it make you wonder where all this money has gone? more
- dellas on New grading for pre-primary Why on earth would you want stupid people teaching your child?You know, people who use ridiculous words like "descriptors" ... more
- ronnie on More boats Howard, I find you to be very hypocritical. You go on about bringing in genuine refugees, and putting these people at the ... more
- Barry on More boats This is now beyond a bad nightmare.One illegal refugee costs us Australians $96,000.12.8 million per boatUnhcr sanctioned ... more
Barnett burying BER fiasco
The opposition accused the Barnett government of trying to bury problems with the handling of the BER program Until after the next election. Paul Murray spoke to opposition leader Mark McGowan who says the bungled program may have left sub contractors millions out of pocket.
Although I am not directly involved with this disaster, I am seeing the fallout in my business as I deal with many of these smaller contractors.
I am seeing heart breaking stories of company mismanagement on the part of the Construction Companies. Illegal false Statutory Declarations by the company directors claiming contractors have been paid.
Forensic Accountants should be brought in to scrutinise these companies and the State Government should pay these monies that are rightly owedCraig Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 7:19 PM
How can this wealthy State Government receive $$$$$ from the Federal Government and then select contractors which pocket the goods and the 'subi's go begging? Where is the accountability?
Have a think.Dellas Friday 19 October, 2012 - 11:01 PM
More important I feel is whats being lost in this debate. The quality of work and the products installed in the BER projects have been compromised by contractors trying to build down to a price. One only needs to have a look at the school sites currently underconstruction or nearing completion.Canal Friday 19 October, 2012 - 11:41 AM