- Is this Perth's biggest lemon?
- I'll take it day by day
- Police monitor WA radicals
- Wealthy push welfare shake-up
- AFL needs a sin bin
- Pearson spat splits team
- Councils rate rise fury
- I just called him a 'coward'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Marney on Councils rate rise fury Hey nice one Peter about your comment on the rates prizes at Stirling City Council.... you say you would have preferred the ... more
- eve fisher on That's one tough koala Loved the story about the Koala Bear, I could not stop laughing, not apologising, because we NEED more FUNNY STORIES and we ... more
- Ronda on Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead Go Lisa. A past student of mine. more
- talie on Sue's Tour Highlights To Gary - the long canal and fountains are Peterhof outside of St Petersburg. Summer holiday palace. Even on a grey day it ... more
- Andrew Luobikis on WA director hits it big He may live in Palmyra but, he is originally from Girrawheen. more
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
Axe Alan Jones now
What Alan Jones has labelled an 'off the cuff' remark about the death of Julia Gillard's father has rallied politicians, commentators and advertisers in a call for his axing. Paul Murray spoke to Contributing Editor for the Australian, Peter Van Onselen about the shock jocks shocking comments.
News Limited's Political Editor Malcolm Farr
Public figures don't make 'off the cuff' remarks, especially when they morbidly rate through the roof as a direct result. Jones is no idiot and we have reduce the standard this low, Australian Broadcast Media will make the trashiest American tabloids look like a censorship convention.Paul Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:18 PM
Actually, "Real Balance", grating Australian media jocks, on television or radio, aren't and never will be my reason for comment.
I bite because I despise people who use the media invite it; and somehow wish, in my anti-liberal, perverted mind (or greater humanity) to give them exactly that for what they wish. Go figure.Dellas Friday 5 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
Alan Jones apologised and has admitted his mistake. Over red rover He is doing good in trying to save our farms from foreign ownership because most of you do gooders out there dont realize that these nations are allowed to move in on the properties they purchase in a period of time. The food is going to feed their people not us. Therefore I feel Julia owes the Australian people a bigger apology with the mess she has got our country in.She is about to take most of your super off you so Labour & Greens can pay of the debt her govt has got us in.Denise Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 8:52 PM
Is it true the comment was made in private ?I do not support nastiness in the media toward anyone,so do not listen to such radio.But I think private comments should be private, or we will lose our freedom to speak to each other honestly. I know many people who think the Prime Minister has earned our distrust, and say so in very strong terms in conversation.Jeannine Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Yes Dellas, I am sure you were always going to vote for the Liberal Party until Alan Jones made that terrible comment. Give us a break.Real Balance Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:56 PM
How does this man get away with making such public and personal comment?
Men can get away with a plethora of wrong, both in, and out of politics and business: as if it's just "boys being boys" and o whoever (as long as it's a male) wins the race is the victor.
If anything will make me vote for the Labor Government in the next Federal election, it is this media vitriol which has been unleashed toward Julia Gillard.
Alan Jones is mad and obviously holds such sway that he can say what he does and get away it.
Now, I'll just tighten-up my corset and bustle off, men, shall I?Dellas Monday 1 October, 2012 - 3:57 PM