- "Are you well hung?"
- Am I cautious or obsessive?
- Children victims in adult conflict
- Asbestos creates school chaos
- Video: Thanks Coxy!
- Lyon to swing the axe
- The future of Dean Cox
- Synergy board members walk
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Dellas on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Can all you salivating "journalists" and "news people" please stop this opportunist "news fest", shut up and stop banging on ... more
- Faye Rowe on Premier: 28 Australian lives lost Dear PaulMy husband and I are in Nice at present when we heard about the plane being shot down. We just couldn't believe it ... more
- Wayde on Buswell claim lacking facts What would have happened if Troy was a well know criminal figure - The Police would have called in TRG and stormed his house ... more
- Lee on Thorpe's admission ignites debate The first statement people make in regards to Ian Thorpeâ??s sexuality is â??who caresâ?? If nobody cares why are millions ... more
- Ben on 'Fan First' Stadium Fan first for AFL, for rectangular sports no. No retractable seats, just stupid bump seats which really serve no purpose ... more
- Danny on 'Fan First' Stadium You mentioned at length the number of various toilets, but nothing about disabled Facilites. Very inportant to us!!! more
- Laurie on Buswell claim lacking facts The whole of the Buswell affair, plus the lies and deceit of the Liberal/NP Government, has ensured their defeat at the next ... more
- david hanks on WA the grumpy state i think it should be BARNEY RUBBLE.Only Barney has more brains than that idiot in charge of our state.RF9 more
- Dellas on Sheep shearing Terror Fair Dinkum, I always thought that shearing was a skill, a craft, a art, a profession and that shearer's were the epitome of ... more
- tessata on Thorpe's admission ignites debate Ian Thorpe is a wonderful athlete and has a kind and loving personality I'm sure.But lets be honest its the Media that have ... more
- Karen on Mum's disgust at S**t van Why don't these numbskulls think of a slogan for impotency, they obviously know about it first hand. more
- Jean Jockey on Mum's disgust at S**t van WE saw a Wicked Camper at Broome, it had "If an animal bled for 3 days once a month you would shoot it!" painted on the ... more
- Chris on Naughty corner is naughty What a load of C**PIt is as plain as the nose on your face that children have become more and more obnoxious, rebellious and ... more
- Michelle on Sheep shearing Terror Are you kidding me!!!! No more meat ,no more wool....I hate seeing this, in our own country makes me even sicker. more
- Kevin Briant on Sheep shearing Terror Sure some action by some shearers in your forage was very wrong,but be looking at the film several times I am of the opinion ... more
- Shane on Harsher Penalties for Drivers Wednesday night, I was awoken by the familiar sound of hooning followed by the sound of a crash. Then another familiarity a ... more
- Joylene Dodman on Naughty corner is naughty In a school removing a child temporarily is necessary to allow the child to calm down. Naughty corners went out in the 80s. ... more
- tessata on Court stalls turn-back policy would the media and some sections of the govt. prefer to go back to seeing the boats coming in every day. The churches say ... more
Axe Alan Jones now
What Alan Jones has labelled an 'off the cuff' remark about the death of Julia Gillard's father has rallied politicians, commentators and advertisers in a call for his axing. Paul Murray spoke to Contributing Editor for the Australian, Peter Van Onselen about the shock jocks shocking comments.
News Limited's Political Editor Malcolm Farr
Public figures don't make 'off the cuff' remarks, especially when they morbidly rate through the roof as a direct result. Jones is no idiot and we have reduce the standard this low, Australian Broadcast Media will make the trashiest American tabloids look like a censorship convention.Paul Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:18 PM
Actually, "Real Balance", grating Australian media jocks, on television or radio, aren't and never will be my reason for comment.
I bite because I despise people who use the media invite it; and somehow wish, in my anti-liberal, perverted mind (or greater humanity) to give them exactly that for what they wish. Go figure.Dellas Friday 5 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
Alan Jones apologised and has admitted his mistake. Over red rover He is doing good in trying to save our farms from foreign ownership because most of you do gooders out there dont realize that these nations are allowed to move in on the properties they purchase in a period of time. The food is going to feed their people not us. Therefore I feel Julia owes the Australian people a bigger apology with the mess she has got our country in.She is about to take most of your super off you so Labour & Greens can pay of the debt her govt has got us in.Denise Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 8:52 PM
Is it true the comment was made in private ?I do not support nastiness in the media toward anyone,so do not listen to such radio.But I think private comments should be private, or we will lose our freedom to speak to each other honestly. I know many people who think the Prime Minister has earned our distrust, and say so in very strong terms in conversation.Jeannine Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Yes Dellas, I am sure you were always going to vote for the Liberal Party until Alan Jones made that terrible comment. Give us a break.Real Balance Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:56 PM
How does this man get away with making such public and personal comment?
Men can get away with a plethora of wrong, both in, and out of politics and business: as if it's just "boys being boys" and o whoever (as long as it's a male) wins the race is the victor.
If anything will make me vote for the Labor Government in the next Federal election, it is this media vitriol which has been unleashed toward Julia Gillard.
Alan Jones is mad and obviously holds such sway that he can say what he does and get away it.
Now, I'll just tighten-up my corset and bustle off, men, shall I?Dellas Monday 1 October, 2012 - 3:57 PM