- Drum lines debut in street directory
- WA won't be disappointed
- Dean Bailey dies, aged 47
- Is a 10 year ban enough?
- Mabury calls it a night
- Sylvia behind the 8 ball
- Commissioner on Buswell
- Let's talk about sex
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mustafa on Drum lines debut in street directory Well done Wayne Oakley! I'll be tracking down some QPA Street directories for my vehicles! more
- Peta Charles on Is a 10 year ban enough? No No No. A life time ban for this "thing" (human). Roberta Walton and ALL others like her should not, can not have the ... more
- Paul on Is a 10 year ban enough? Maybe that "thing" who calls itself a human should be put down.....I never cease to be amazed by so called "humans" who ... more
- donnella buxton on Is a 10 year ban enough? It is truly so cruel, if she could not afford to feed them she should have given them away. This woman is heartless.SHE ... more
- Mark on Is a 10 year ban enough? Its best for me not to comment because what I say would not be displayed. Thank you Mr May from RSPCA more
- Michelle de Vattimo on Is a 10 year ban enough? Absolutely disgusting! These people should NEVER be able to own or look after any animal! I really don't know how some ... more
- Bryan Jary on Is a 10 year ban enough? She should have received a prison sentence. more
- chris on Is this Buswell's last straw? Before everybody calls high and mighty remember that Alanah Mctiernan was caught drink drinker and speeding whilst being ... more
- wayne on Is this Buswell's last straw? A lot of excuses to right a wrong and get sympathy, another pollie get away with drink driving more
- David Cotton on Is this Buswell's last straw? Looking above at comments by Monnie, might be minor damage but what if he had run over a child and killed them.Along with ... more
- Lorraine Collier on Is this Buswell's last straw? it is about time Buswell was gone and I think the same for Barnett. He has broken promises he made and has taken money from ... more
- Diana on Is this Buswell's last straw? Is it really necessary to hound Buswell, as will happen? He's broken, isn't that enough? more
- Monnie on Is this Buswell's last straw? Minor damage - modern bumpers are flimsy things held on by clips and fall off at the slightest bump. Give the guy a break more
- Paul Bowers on Is this Buswell's last straw? Both the Premier and Troy Buswell should stand down to maintain confidence in our government,there is an obvious cover-up. ... more
- Dellas on We're an overpriced backwater Yep, that's exactly what we are."Up-ourselves regardless".The tyranny of distance seems to have attracted many peoples from ... more
- Jester4212 on Ludlam's offer to 'homophobe' PM Typical Green's party nonsense. Not a big turnout :) Looks like the only people interested in this lot are themselves. more
- Rocky on Pub bans indigenous patrons Tell the publican she can stick that BS apology fair up her Coolgardie Hole. more
- Dellas on How to be a classy drinker Suffice to say, I am stirred but not surprised, or shaken, by this advertisement.I can't believe (yes, I do, actually) the ... more
- adam on Beggars bagging $400 a day Who would Humiliate themselves sitting there on the street for 8 hours begging. The $400 a day line sounds manufactured, its ... more
- Damien on Beggars bagging $400 a day Despicable that Scaffidi and her ilk are refusing to acknowledge the larger issues behind the growing number of unemployed ... more
Axe Alan Jones now
What Alan Jones has labelled an 'off the cuff' remark about the death of Julia Gillard's father has rallied politicians, commentators and advertisers in a call for his axing. Paul Murray spoke to Contributing Editor for the Australian, Peter Van Onselen about the shock jocks shocking comments.
News Limited's Political Editor Malcolm Farr
Public figures don't make 'off the cuff' remarks, especially when they morbidly rate through the roof as a direct result. Jones is no idiot and we have reduce the standard this low, Australian Broadcast Media will make the trashiest American tabloids look like a censorship convention.Paul Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:18 PM
Actually, "Real Balance", grating Australian media jocks, on television or radio, aren't and never will be my reason for comment.
I bite because I despise people who use the media invite it; and somehow wish, in my anti-liberal, perverted mind (or greater humanity) to give them exactly that for what they wish. Go figure.Dellas Friday 5 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
Alan Jones apologised and has admitted his mistake. Over red rover He is doing good in trying to save our farms from foreign ownership because most of you do gooders out there dont realize that these nations are allowed to move in on the properties they purchase in a period of time. The food is going to feed their people not us. Therefore I feel Julia owes the Australian people a bigger apology with the mess she has got our country in.She is about to take most of your super off you so Labour & Greens can pay of the debt her govt has got us in.Denise Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 8:52 PM
Is it true the comment was made in private ?I do not support nastiness in the media toward anyone,so do not listen to such radio.But I think private comments should be private, or we will lose our freedom to speak to each other honestly. I know many people who think the Prime Minister has earned our distrust, and say so in very strong terms in conversation.Jeannine Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Yes Dellas, I am sure you were always going to vote for the Liberal Party until Alan Jones made that terrible comment. Give us a break.Real Balance Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:56 PM
How does this man get away with making such public and personal comment?
Men can get away with a plethora of wrong, both in, and out of politics and business: as if it's just "boys being boys" and o whoever (as long as it's a male) wins the race is the victor.
If anything will make me vote for the Labor Government in the next Federal election, it is this media vitriol which has been unleashed toward Julia Gillard.
Alan Jones is mad and obviously holds such sway that he can say what he does and get away it.
Now, I'll just tighten-up my corset and bustle off, men, shall I?Dellas Monday 1 October, 2012 - 3:57 PM