- Gough Whitlam dead at 98
- Marsh in line for Test debut
- I have a circus degree
- Ecstasy use on the rise
- Portrait placement a potty idea
- Burqua ban backflip
- Dear Treasurer. A letter by Larry
- Dragon still rockin' 40 years on
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
- Pepita on Paul Murray Retires A massive loss to journalism in WA, Paul will leave big shoes to fill. Would be nice to see a woman take drive though to ... more
- Graham on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulWhy are you waiting till end of 2014 ?What are the labor Party going to do without you marketing them ? more
- Walter on Crying poor after the boom How is it Premier Barnett uses the argument that the increased volume output of iron ore will compensate for fall in its ... more
- Luke Reymond on Bali weddings in tatters Sadly Paul and Catherine Williams of Bali D'Luxe weddings conned my little sister out of $25,000 and on the day the ... more
- troy on Paul Murray Retires not happy Paul, u r a person for the people ,. god bless more
- Mr Cranky on Paul Murray Retires Paul,I haven't always agreed with you,informative and precise comes to mind with your presentation.Time to enjoy life,all ... more
- Brian Whitby on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear the news that you are retiring Paul. We have had or difference of opinion on a few occasions but you I listen ... more
- Allan Bowes on Paul Murray Retires I'd like to wish Paul all the best for the future.Thoroughly enjoyed your shows in the morning and afternoon.You will be ... more
- troy on Lunch and innuendo with Graham great to hear Grahem on Peters show well dunregards Troy more
- Steve on Dampier's 'Hammer Time' experience I like the audio - "...we'll move like billy-o".You've been hanging with the nicest people, hammerhead. more
- Mick on Let Andy's death mean something "planning to erect a heartfelt, yet confronting plaque near the hotel" This is best to be planted in a cemetery. more
- Dr Pamela Schulz on Abbey's Project There is clearly a disconnect between the system and its flawed outcomes and those who seek remedies from it. My research on ... more
- Family Court of Western Australia on Abbey's Project To view a Letter to the Editor from the Chief Judge of the Western Australian Family Court outlining proceedings in Abbey's ... more
- Christine on Bravest thing I've ever seen Fantastic interview Gary with Robbie this morning about Sean Pollard's shark attack. Love your work. Good luck to Sean his ... more
- Lana on Abbey's Project Thanks to people like Hetty who understand these issues and speak out. We also need to remember that getting a child sexual ... more
- Robyn Cotterell-Jones on Abbey's Project Community services say report children at risk, but do not have the capacity to investigate even 20% of serious matters. If ... more
Axe Alan Jones now
What Alan Jones has labelled an 'off the cuff' remark about the death of Julia Gillard's father has rallied politicians, commentators and advertisers in a call for his axing. Paul Murray spoke to Contributing Editor for the Australian, Peter Van Onselen about the shock jocks shocking comments.
News Limited's Political Editor Malcolm Farr
Public figures don't make 'off the cuff' remarks, especially when they morbidly rate through the roof as a direct result. Jones is no idiot and we have reduce the standard this low, Australian Broadcast Media will make the trashiest American tabloids look like a censorship convention.Paul Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:18 PM
Actually, "Real Balance", grating Australian media jocks, on television or radio, aren't and never will be my reason for comment.
I bite because I despise people who use the media invite it; and somehow wish, in my anti-liberal, perverted mind (or greater humanity) to give them exactly that for what they wish. Go figure.Dellas Friday 5 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
Alan Jones apologised and has admitted his mistake. Over red rover He is doing good in trying to save our farms from foreign ownership because most of you do gooders out there dont realize that these nations are allowed to move in on the properties they purchase in a period of time. The food is going to feed their people not us. Therefore I feel Julia owes the Australian people a bigger apology with the mess she has got our country in.She is about to take most of your super off you so Labour & Greens can pay of the debt her govt has got us in.Denise Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 8:52 PM
Is it true the comment was made in private ?I do not support nastiness in the media toward anyone,so do not listen to such radio.But I think private comments should be private, or we will lose our freedom to speak to each other honestly. I know many people who think the Prime Minister has earned our distrust, and say so in very strong terms in conversation.Jeannine Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Yes Dellas, I am sure you were always going to vote for the Liberal Party until Alan Jones made that terrible comment. Give us a break.Real Balance Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:56 PM
How does this man get away with making such public and personal comment?
Men can get away with a plethora of wrong, both in, and out of politics and business: as if it's just "boys being boys" and o whoever (as long as it's a male) wins the race is the victor.
If anything will make me vote for the Labor Government in the next Federal election, it is this media vitriol which has been unleashed toward Julia Gillard.
Alan Jones is mad and obviously holds such sway that he can say what he does and get away it.
Now, I'll just tighten-up my corset and bustle off, men, shall I?Dellas Monday 1 October, 2012 - 3:57 PM