- The barbaric bump is dead
- Possibility of more packages
- AHA want penalty rate changes
- How do you stop Sandilands
- Power's Liverpool weapon fires
- Pratt concedes defeat
- Nahan's budget warning
- 'Homophobic Bullock a set back'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
- Maxine Kent on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog This has made me so sick. Their are just no words for this terrible crime. I cant even think of it as I cry just like so ... more
- Stacey on Carparks full by 5.40am I agree - if the buses ran more regularly, more people would catch this option to the train station. Hourly is not good ... more
- Kat on Carparks full by 5.40am I would like to see the buses that connect to the train stations run on a more regular basis. During the week days my bus ... more
- Jodi on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog I am sorry to hear of what happened to your dog. I too have a 15 year old dog called Sheba. I can only imagine how you feel. ... more
- Anne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Certainly the judicial system is a problem.However the root causes are clearly the unravelling of social morality, and in ... more
Axe Alan Jones now
What Alan Jones has labelled an 'off the cuff' remark about the death of Julia Gillard's father has rallied politicians, commentators and advertisers in a call for his axing. Paul Murray spoke to Contributing Editor for the Australian, Peter Van Onselen about the shock jocks shocking comments.
News Limited's Political Editor Malcolm Farr
Public figures don't make 'off the cuff' remarks, especially when they morbidly rate through the roof as a direct result. Jones is no idiot and we have reduce the standard this low, Australian Broadcast Media will make the trashiest American tabloids look like a censorship convention.Paul Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:18 PM
Actually, "Real Balance", grating Australian media jocks, on television or radio, aren't and never will be my reason for comment.
I bite because I despise people who use the media invite it; and somehow wish, in my anti-liberal, perverted mind (or greater humanity) to give them exactly that for what they wish. Go figure.Dellas Friday 5 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
Alan Jones apologised and has admitted his mistake. Over red rover He is doing good in trying to save our farms from foreign ownership because most of you do gooders out there dont realize that these nations are allowed to move in on the properties they purchase in a period of time. The food is going to feed their people not us. Therefore I feel Julia owes the Australian people a bigger apology with the mess she has got our country in.She is about to take most of your super off you so Labour & Greens can pay of the debt her govt has got us in.Denise Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 8:52 PM
Is it true the comment was made in private ?I do not support nastiness in the media toward anyone,so do not listen to such radio.But I think private comments should be private, or we will lose our freedom to speak to each other honestly. I know many people who think the Prime Minister has earned our distrust, and say so in very strong terms in conversation.Jeannine Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Yes Dellas, I am sure you were always going to vote for the Liberal Party until Alan Jones made that terrible comment. Give us a break.Real Balance Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:56 PM
How does this man get away with making such public and personal comment?
Men can get away with a plethora of wrong, both in, and out of politics and business: as if it's just "boys being boys" and o whoever (as long as it's a male) wins the race is the victor.
If anything will make me vote for the Labor Government in the next Federal election, it is this media vitriol which has been unleashed toward Julia Gillard.
Alan Jones is mad and obviously holds such sway that he can say what he does and get away it.
Now, I'll just tighten-up my corset and bustle off, men, shall I?Dellas Monday 1 October, 2012 - 3:57 PM