- Veteran flasher jailed
- What the hell is Bro-ga
- 'It's like child abuse': AMA
- Banned from ANZAC parade
- Woof woof is this the end?
- Murray's Ice Bucket Challenge
- Tech killing our driving
- Karl calls out the Premier
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Helen Stephenson on Banned from ANZAC parade Political Correctness Gone Mad. Horses Were An Integral Part Of This Campaign And ShouldBe Included In The Ceremony. more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Yeah, right, Amanda, when these men go fight the good fight in fundamentalist Islamic countries, what do they yell at the ... more
- Jess on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal I think it is disgraceful they have been able to do this in a work location. If they want skimpys or strippers they should ... more
- Lee on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal I don't have a problem with what SAS soldiers want to do in their downtime as long as it is legal, which Skimmpys are. ... more
- Chris on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal For God's sake, these soldiers are grown men and the barmaids are grown women doing the job of their own free will. Nobody's ... more
- Amanda on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Good morning 6PR,In regards to the skimmpys being at the Swan Barracks, seriously this women complaining should get a ... more
- shailesh on Has Clive gone too far? India and China are one of the two biggest business partners of Australia. However, both the countries have faced public ... more
- Angela on Worry over radicals in Perth This is just crazy. Why is it that these young men of middle-eastern background more susceptible to being radicalized? These ... more
- Dellas on PMS is a man's fault. Apparently What is this "man" talking about?This creature who has never experienced "Men-archy" "Men"-suration, pregnancy or ... more
- Stuart on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator What garbage. This flies in the face of what generations of Australians have saved and worked for. The family home should be ... more
- Rod Tweddle on Cuts for WA seniors rebate Those changing the rules for seniors were perhaps not around before compulsory superannuation. A means test by all means, ... more
- Laurie on Robin Williams dead at 63 So sad. A tragic circumstance. Such a talented man. Will be greatly missed. Feel so sorry for his family. more
- Ben on Gammy's father's growing record This guy has made his bed, the point isn't if is fit to look after kids now, he ruined 4 human lives in unspeakable crimes, ... more
- Trish on Have your say on euthanasia We should all have a choice in how we die. I for one would not want to linger on in pain with no end in sight. more
- Trish on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator Well said Grant. more
- Hermoine Lynn on Keep freedom of speech free Unscrupulous types have been using the race card for credit on race hate. Do we really need to up the ante?! more
- Dellas on WA schools continue to cane Good one, Carole.Have you ever tried to concentrate on school work after being caned and publicly humiliated in front of the ... more
- Dellas on Keep freedom of speech free Here's the "thing".How can Freedom of Speech be compromised when 18D of the Act protects the right of this freedom if ... more
- anne on Keep freedom of speech free freedom of speech is a celebrity calling Delta Goodram a white b....and getting away with it. more
- tessata on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator You are not a self-funded retiree, a part funded retiree or a pensioner you are the ageing generation and the media, the ... more
Axe Alan Jones now
What Alan Jones has labelled an 'off the cuff' remark about the death of Julia Gillard's father has rallied politicians, commentators and advertisers in a call for his axing. Paul Murray spoke to Contributing Editor for the Australian, Peter Van Onselen about the shock jocks shocking comments.
News Limited's Political Editor Malcolm Farr
Public figures don't make 'off the cuff' remarks, especially when they morbidly rate through the roof as a direct result. Jones is no idiot and we have reduce the standard this low, Australian Broadcast Media will make the trashiest American tabloids look like a censorship convention.Paul Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:18 PM
Actually, "Real Balance", grating Australian media jocks, on television or radio, aren't and never will be my reason for comment.
I bite because I despise people who use the media invite it; and somehow wish, in my anti-liberal, perverted mind (or greater humanity) to give them exactly that for what they wish. Go figure.Dellas Friday 5 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
Alan Jones apologised and has admitted his mistake. Over red rover He is doing good in trying to save our farms from foreign ownership because most of you do gooders out there dont realize that these nations are allowed to move in on the properties they purchase in a period of time. The food is going to feed their people not us. Therefore I feel Julia owes the Australian people a bigger apology with the mess she has got our country in.She is about to take most of your super off you so Labour & Greens can pay of the debt her govt has got us in.Denise Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 8:52 PM
Is it true the comment was made in private ?I do not support nastiness in the media toward anyone,so do not listen to such radio.But I think private comments should be private, or we will lose our freedom to speak to each other honestly. I know many people who think the Prime Minister has earned our distrust, and say so in very strong terms in conversation.Jeannine Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Yes Dellas, I am sure you were always going to vote for the Liberal Party until Alan Jones made that terrible comment. Give us a break.Real Balance Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:56 PM
How does this man get away with making such public and personal comment?
Men can get away with a plethora of wrong, both in, and out of politics and business: as if it's just "boys being boys" and o whoever (as long as it's a male) wins the race is the victor.
If anything will make me vote for the Labor Government in the next Federal election, it is this media vitriol which has been unleashed toward Julia Gillard.
Alan Jones is mad and obviously holds such sway that he can say what he does and get away it.
Now, I'll just tighten-up my corset and bustle off, men, shall I?Dellas Monday 1 October, 2012 - 3:57 PM