- PHOTOS: Shark buzzes surfer
- AFL's ANZAC commitment slammed
- VW campaign tackles inattention
- When loyalty will cost you $82k
- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia Noticed Saturdays West and Sunday Times had no letters about the Muslim rampages in Canada and New York or the nasty ginger ... more
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia with christmas coming on lets not pretend our school teachers are not grooming our children -- carols bad, hurt Muslims -- ... more
- Jennifer on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear you are retiring Paul. You would have to be the best political presenter in the country. No one comes close to ... more
- Dellas on Groomed to hate Australia They sound like a mob of blokes and their "young boys" singing "la vida loca"before a footie match. more
- Alec Strachan on Groomed to hate Australia Why have the faces been blocked out ?. Surely we need to see the faces of these trainee terrorists so we can kick their butt ... more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad Were do people go when they get old and no amount of creams, botox, fillers, physical enhancers, "regimens" and medication ... more
- Perthguy on Social media slams sexist ad These are professional models that are being paid. It is a career choice and those that complain either are jealous or ... more
- Lisa on Paul Murray Retires Missed Howard after he left and will miss your informative and balanced reports. Only issue I felt was very biased was your ... more
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- Wayne on Paul Murray Retires Our loss...but enjoy the next step. I envy you,I kno you have already seen much but we all know there is plenty more to see. ... more
- Mark on Sanderson opens up after sacking I thought he was dumped prematurely by a board who seemed to be concerned that they should look like there doing ... more
- Andrew on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing @ Carol... typical pigheaded attitude. I say this as a white Australian - born here - that they have as much right as any ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Garry Tomlinson on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing Maybe Colin is hiding with all the so called Moderate Muslims and are arranging some protests about ISIS giving Islam a bad ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
Axe Alan Jones now
What Alan Jones has labelled an 'off the cuff' remark about the death of Julia Gillard's father has rallied politicians, commentators and advertisers in a call for his axing. Paul Murray spoke to Contributing Editor for the Australian, Peter Van Onselen about the shock jocks shocking comments.
News Limited's Political Editor Malcolm Farr
Public figures don't make 'off the cuff' remarks, especially when they morbidly rate through the roof as a direct result. Jones is no idiot and we have reduce the standard this low, Australian Broadcast Media will make the trashiest American tabloids look like a censorship convention.Paul Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:18 PM
Actually, "Real Balance", grating Australian media jocks, on television or radio, aren't and never will be my reason for comment.
I bite because I despise people who use the media invite it; and somehow wish, in my anti-liberal, perverted mind (or greater humanity) to give them exactly that for what they wish. Go figure.Dellas Friday 5 October, 2012 - 6:55 PM
Alan Jones apologised and has admitted his mistake. Over red rover He is doing good in trying to save our farms from foreign ownership because most of you do gooders out there dont realize that these nations are allowed to move in on the properties they purchase in a period of time. The food is going to feed their people not us. Therefore I feel Julia owes the Australian people a bigger apology with the mess she has got our country in.She is about to take most of your super off you so Labour & Greens can pay of the debt her govt has got us in.Denise Wednesday 3 October, 2012 - 8:52 PM
Is it true the comment was made in private ?I do not support nastiness in the media toward anyone,so do not listen to such radio.But I think private comments should be private, or we will lose our freedom to speak to each other honestly. I know many people who think the Prime Minister has earned our distrust, and say so in very strong terms in conversation.Jeannine Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Yes Dellas, I am sure you were always going to vote for the Liberal Party until Alan Jones made that terrible comment. Give us a break.Real Balance Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 1:56 PM
How does this man get away with making such public and personal comment?
Men can get away with a plethora of wrong, both in, and out of politics and business: as if it's just "boys being boys" and o whoever (as long as it's a male) wins the race is the victor.
If anything will make me vote for the Labor Government in the next Federal election, it is this media vitriol which has been unleashed toward Julia Gillard.
Alan Jones is mad and obviously holds such sway that he can say what he does and get away it.
Now, I'll just tighten-up my corset and bustle off, men, shall I?Dellas Monday 1 October, 2012 - 3:57 PM