- Fighting phone use in cars
- F-35's to cost $12b
- They're off and waiting!
- MKR pair has slow boil appeal
- ANZAC sunset services
- Seriously? Our flag's made overseas?
- Bulk bill co payment likely
- It's ok for Boys to cry
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
Anger over wandering 4yr old
The mother of a four year old child who wandered out from Poseidon kindergarten for over an hour is furious she wasn't phoned immediately. Michelle told Paul Murray she wants to thank the two men who raised the alarm about finding her son wandering around.
Here I was being all sanctimious about carer/teacher to child ratios and forgot about my own naughtiness when six years of age (around 1961/2) and not wanting to go back to class after lunch break,for whatever reason.
I think there were three or four of us and we hid under one of the buildings in the school yard for two hours.
Needless to say, after two bailed and "snitched", we were found and punished.
But, you know, I still call schools child detention centres, because a bored and scared child is not, necessarily, a bad or untelligent one.
What a craik.Dellas Thursday 9 August, 2012 - 11:14 PM
It could have happened to anyone at any school and the young boy was obviously educated enough on stranger danger to protect himself...doesn't that say something good for the school? An unfortunate incident but perhaps a reminder of what can happen if students don't follow school rules and procedure. We are in a culture of "blame the schools and teachers" but this is probably not always the most accurate direction to follow. A good outcome and if the school has already put procedures in place with the gates then the matter has been dealt with.Anon Sunday 5 August, 2012 - 11:21 AM
Well, then, here we are: overcrowded pre-schools and childcare centres.
This should not happen. No child, or group of children should be unattended.
Get with the program, people.
This is the "Boom" State.
My daughter has worked in childcare and has told me that over the last three years that the carer to child ratio has diminished to the point that she no longer wishes to work in the "industry" in this State.Dellas Friday 3 August, 2012 - 9:24 PM
Pretty scary at what could have happened here. Very poor form from the school. The mother should have been notified immediately and the fact that they didn't notice he was even missing is really bad . Glad to hear the ending was happy.Chick of Perth Thursday 2 August, 2012 - 12:59 PM