- Tech killing our driving
- Karl calls out the Premier
- S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal
- No friction between Palmer and Wang
- Job ads: Indigenous only
- Has Clive gone too far?
- Cancel this speaker now
- On the darts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Chris on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal For God's sake, these soldiers are grown men and the barmaids are grown women doing the job of their own free will. Nobody's ... more
- Amanda on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Good morning 6PR,In regards to the skimmpys being at the Swan Barracks, seriously this women complaining should get a ... more
- shailesh on Has Clive gone too far? India and China are one of the two biggest business partners of Australia. However, both the countries have faced public ... more
- Angela on Worry over radicals in Perth This is just crazy. Why is it that these young men of middle-eastern background more susceptible to being radicalized? These ... more
- Dellas on PMS is a man's fault. Apparently What is this "man" talking about?This creature who has never experienced "Men-archy" "Men"-suration, pregnancy or ... more
- Stuart on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator What garbage. This flies in the face of what generations of Australians have saved and worked for. The family home should be ... more
- Rod Tweddle on Cuts for WA seniors rebate Those changing the rules for seniors were perhaps not around before compulsory superannuation. A means test by all means, ... more
- Laurie on Robin Williams dead at 63 So sad. A tragic circumstance. Such a talented man. Will be greatly missed. Feel so sorry for his family. more
- Ben on Gammy's father's growing record This guy has made his bed, the point isn't if is fit to look after kids now, he ruined 4 human lives in unspeakable crimes, ... more
- Trish on Have your say on euthanasia We should all have a choice in how we die. I for one would not want to linger on in pain with no end in sight. more
- Trish on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator Well said Grant. more
- Hermoine Lynn on Keep freedom of speech free Unscrupulous types have been using the race card for credit on race hate. Do we really need to up the ante?! more
- Dellas on WA schools continue to cane Good one, Carole.Have you ever tried to concentrate on school work after being caned and publicly humiliated in front of the ... more
- Dellas on Keep freedom of speech free Here's the "thing".How can Freedom of Speech be compromised when 18D of the Act protects the right of this freedom if ... more
- anne on Keep freedom of speech free freedom of speech is a celebrity calling Delta Goodram a white b....and getting away with it. more
- tessata on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator You are not a self-funded retiree, a part funded retiree or a pensioner you are the ageing generation and the media, the ... more
- bluey on Abandoned because he's disabled The immigration Dept will not grant a visa for a child who will draw on the resources of the community. Has anyone thought ... more
- wayne on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator One term government more
- Dellas on Cut welfare for home owners - Senator A Mortgage Broker is a Senator?Give me strength.Is he also going to suggest that those who've lost their jobs and are on ... more
- Samantha on Rail link to go underground Great idea. About time Perth moved into the 21st century. The fact that there is still even debate about whether there ... more
Anger over wandering 4yr old
The mother of a four year old child who wandered out from Poseidon kindergarten for over an hour is furious she wasn't phoned immediately. Michelle told Paul Murray she wants to thank the two men who raised the alarm about finding her son wandering around.
Here I was being all sanctimious about carer/teacher to child ratios and forgot about my own naughtiness when six years of age (around 1961/2) and not wanting to go back to class after lunch break,for whatever reason.
I think there were three or four of us and we hid under one of the buildings in the school yard for two hours.
Needless to say, after two bailed and "snitched", we were found and punished.
But, you know, I still call schools child detention centres, because a bored and scared child is not, necessarily, a bad or untelligent one.
What a craik.Dellas Thursday 9 August, 2012 - 11:14 PM
It could have happened to anyone at any school and the young boy was obviously educated enough on stranger danger to protect himself...doesn't that say something good for the school? An unfortunate incident but perhaps a reminder of what can happen if students don't follow school rules and procedure. We are in a culture of "blame the schools and teachers" but this is probably not always the most accurate direction to follow. A good outcome and if the school has already put procedures in place with the gates then the matter has been dealt with.Anon Sunday 5 August, 2012 - 11:21 AM
Well, then, here we are: overcrowded pre-schools and childcare centres.
This should not happen. No child, or group of children should be unattended.
Get with the program, people.
This is the "Boom" State.
My daughter has worked in childcare and has told me that over the last three years that the carer to child ratio has diminished to the point that she no longer wishes to work in the "industry" in this State.Dellas Friday 3 August, 2012 - 9:24 PM
Pretty scary at what could have happened here. Very poor form from the school. The mother should have been notified immediately and the fact that they didn't notice he was even missing is really bad . Glad to hear the ending was happy.Chick of Perth Thursday 2 August, 2012 - 12:59 PM