- Sun sets on Bluey's coaching
- Over 55's chasing adventure
- Video:Daylight Dog theft
- PM's adviser backs burqa ban
- Why is Perth so pricey
- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- Free but monitored
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ono notagain on PM's adviser backs burqa ban Who elected Peta Credlin? She even appeared at the U.N. in our name. Why is this woman given so much authority? She is NOT ... more
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
Anger over wandering 4yr old
The mother of a four year old child who wandered out from Poseidon kindergarten for over an hour is furious she wasn't phoned immediately. Michelle told Paul Murray she wants to thank the two men who raised the alarm about finding her son wandering around.
Here I was being all sanctimious about carer/teacher to child ratios and forgot about my own naughtiness when six years of age (around 1961/2) and not wanting to go back to class after lunch break,for whatever reason.
I think there were three or four of us and we hid under one of the buildings in the school yard for two hours.
Needless to say, after two bailed and "snitched", we were found and punished.
But, you know, I still call schools child detention centres, because a bored and scared child is not, necessarily, a bad or untelligent one.
What a craik.Dellas Thursday 9 August, 2012 - 11:14 PM
It could have happened to anyone at any school and the young boy was obviously educated enough on stranger danger to protect himself...doesn't that say something good for the school? An unfortunate incident but perhaps a reminder of what can happen if students don't follow school rules and procedure. We are in a culture of "blame the schools and teachers" but this is probably not always the most accurate direction to follow. A good outcome and if the school has already put procedures in place with the gates then the matter has been dealt with.Anon Sunday 5 August, 2012 - 11:21 AM
Well, then, here we are: overcrowded pre-schools and childcare centres.
This should not happen. No child, or group of children should be unattended.
Get with the program, people.
This is the "Boom" State.
My daughter has worked in childcare and has told me that over the last three years that the carer to child ratio has diminished to the point that she no longer wishes to work in the "industry" in this State.Dellas Friday 3 August, 2012 - 9:24 PM
Pretty scary at what could have happened here. Very poor form from the school. The mother should have been notified immediately and the fact that they didn't notice he was even missing is really bad . Glad to hear the ending was happy.Chick of Perth Thursday 2 August, 2012 - 12:59 PM